1 Weapon 3 targets

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Is it possible to have 1 weapon which can attack 3 different targets? (And they should not be able to attack the same target)

And if it is, how do I do it? :)

X-maul

Reaction score
Uhm, well, I dont think much info is needed - a weapon which can attack multiple units at a time up to a max of 3 targets.
I am using a beam weapon, but I dont think that the effect launced will have any effect on it.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Siretu is away fow few days so i will try to give some clues even if i dont have familiarity whit the data editor. Try searching something like "search area" in the weapon or the damage effect. You can set the angle of search (based on. the orientation of the unit) and maybe the number of targets.

X-maul

Reaction score
I found an old thread ansvered also by Siritu - and I found a way to do it where I made the weapon effect into a search effect and then I set the search areas effect to my "Create Persistant" effect.

The damage works ok now, but I got one problem yet, but I'll create another thread for that, as it has nothing to do with this problem.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
it might be a bit off topic but, why not create an AoE dmg effect with a maximum of 3 targets that it can effect ? (There is an option like that in the area of effect field)

X-maul

Reaction score
it might be a bit off topic but, why not create an AoE dmg effect with a maximum of 3 targets that it can effect ? (There is an option like that in the area of effect field)
Well, I want it to shoot 3 beams, for the visual effects :b but I got it working now, so no worries :)

X-maul

Reaction score
Well, right now it's only 1 weapon, and it would work, if it wasnt a beam weapon ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.