2 Auras 1 Spell

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Aside from the 2 girls 1 cup reference..

Is there a way to give a passive aura the ability to have 2 effects? What I'm looking to do is stack a Devotion type aura along with a health regeneration aura. Since it's not castable it makes it pointless to do dummies, and I don't really know what to do ._.

Thanks for any help

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Give the custom auras a different buff and it will stack or if you need one spell to have 2 aura, add one to a spellbook and disable it. Read a tutorial about it by andrewgosu.

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Yeah i've been referencing that every now and then but I don't really see an easy way to do this, though it might just be my lack of knowledge regarding triggers.

What I want to happen is when the character reaches level 3 it learns Holy Aura, which adds armor and health regen. I've got it working with just a devotion aura fine atm, I just need a way for it to add the health regen then disable it. Later at level 6 the character learns rank 2 holy aura, and the hp regen needs to upgrade as well.

Anyidea how to go about doing that? :| Wouldn't want to be flooding the character with disabled spell books ._.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
it might work with a dummy unit

remove the buff from regen aura so it doesnt show up in the status bar
and remove any other visual effects/models so you cant see it

give a dummy unit the health regen aura
trigger the dummy unit to move instantly to the position of the hero every 0.3 seconds.
and when you level the holy aura just level the dummy's aura too

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
K thanks i'll try that ;]

Also - Is there a value I can modify for units to not call nearby units to their help or anything similar to that? Whenever I attack a unit, nearby ones from insanely far away come to help them, despite their acquisition range being only 450. Thanks again for any help ;]

Firezy

Reaction score
There's a call for help range in the gameplay constants

and just level up the spellbook and set the levels of the spellbook to have the levelled devotion/unholy aura?

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Perky's actually worked how i wanted it to, thanks though firezy :p

And going to look at the gameplay constants again ._. Thanks for that too

Okay got all that fixed finally, but i've run into a new problem now ..

For some reason there isn't being any bounty awarded for kills :(
The enemies have a base bounty of 18g with 2 die rolling and 2 sides on each of them, yet nothing pops up on kill. They're based on the peasant unit so i don't know if that matters. Thanks for any help :]

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
For some reason there isn't being any bounty awarded for kills :(
The enemies have a base bounty of 18g with 2 die rolling and 2 sides on each of them, yet nothing pops up on kill. They're based on the peasant unit so i don't know if that matters. Thanks for any help :]

Shameless bump. >_>;
And the bounty issue isn't just with the units based on peasants - it's not working on anything :|

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Use this trigger to turn bounty on for all players:

Trigger:
  • Turn Bounty on
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for (Player((Integer A)))
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Ok ill try that but i think the problem is a bit different than that. I gt bounty for killing units inside of a dungeon of mine, but not anywhere else. It's even the same units outside and inside of the dungeon, yet the bounty is only applied while inside :eek:. I'll edit this once i add that trigger to tell you if it works or not though, thanks.

Thanks Carl-Fred that worked :) Also the reason they gave bounty in the cave was b/c i accidentally left them neutral hostile lol.

Also, a new problem has arisen (a lot, i know sorry) but i can't figure out if there's a way to make a unit spawn to where he was originally without either creating every unit on the map in the start with a trigger and setting a variable to them, or setting regions for each type of unit and spawning them in there.

What im using atm
E - A unit Dies
C - Triggering unit is a hero equal to false
C - Owner of triggering unit equal to player 11 (Dark Green)
A - Wait 95.00 Seconds
A - Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a (Unit-type of (triggering unit)) using the new unit's max life and mana)

There a way around doing all that? As of now they just respawn where they died which normally isn't a problme but when they chase you into the town, there's an infinite cycle of spawning baddies right at the gates. Thanks again for any help

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Bumpity ;[ Please help, i really do need to find a way to fix the respawn ._. I've tried a few approaches but nothing comes with a shorter way :| I've done the region setting a few ways but it's ridiculous to set regions for each mob especially in a big rpg game. Thanks again if you are able to provide help.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
@Army: Using a dummy unit is a different approach to 2 auras with one spell, but the most approached method is a hidden spellbook with both auras in it. Then, a dummy ability stands as the vanity skill to take the place of the 2 auras.

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Yeah i got the 2 spells down, just need help with the respawn now :eek: Trying to just use this thread for my questions rather than making a new one for each new problem that arises lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.