2 questions ABOUT aura towers

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know how to make an aura with behaviors/effects, but here are my questions:

1. How do I create an aura that adds +1 range to towers instead of a multiplier which gives a percentage?
2. I want to give the aura-towers the same visible range like the pylon has (I gave my towers the 'based.on.siege.tank.range')

For some reason the range indicator works only if select the assets/Textures/RadarIcon1.dds and it just not shown up when selecting the pylon_radius4.dds

Does anybody how the blue field of the pylon is created?
I tried to go to the pylon actor-event but there are like 100 events so I couldn't figure out which event belongs to the pylon range field

MissKerrigan

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I want to do the same with adding additional damage with a certain aura, creating +10 damage instead of a percentage

Can anyone help me?

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
First you need to make a behavior that the aura will give to the units in range. Make sure it's of the buff type. Give it a low duration, something like 0.6.
* To increase range, go into the Behavior: Modifications + field and go to the Weapon tab. Set the Weapon range to 1.
* To increase damage, go into the Behavior: Modifications + field and go to the Combat tab. I can't remember exactly which of the fields is the one you want. Try out Damage Dealt (Unscaled) and Damage Dealt (Scaled).

Make an "Apply behavior" effect and make it apply your buff to the target.

Make a search area effect. This will be your aura. Go into Search: Areas + and add an area. Make the radius the aura radius. Set the effect to the apply behavior effect you made. Open the Search: Search Filters and uncheck enemy and neutral. You might also want to double-click on Structure until it says "Required". So it only affects structures.

Make another buff behavior. Give it the search area effect in the Effect: Effect - Periodic field and set the Stats: Period to 0.5. So every 0.5 seconds it will give all towers around you a 0.6 range/damage buff.

Go to your aura tower in the units tab and give it the last behavior you created in the Behavior: Behaviors +/I] field.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I created an aura tower which increases the 'fire rate' of the tower in range by 10%

If I build 2 auro towers next to a tower, the tower must get +20% fire rate
Does this automatically happens when build a second tower?

And what if I build 1 aura tower level 2 (+20% fire rate) and also a aura tower 1 (+10% fire rate)?
Does the tower gets automatically +30%?

Please help me with this

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Reaction score
To make the towers' auras stack you'll have to modify the Stats: Maximum Stack Count field. Make it something high.

A level 1 and level 2 tower should stack automatically since they should use different buffs.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
It's not working, althought I believe I did all things correct
Well, it seems things in the editor are harder than you think in first :(

1. I created a behavior:

- name: rate booster 1
- period: 0.5
- maximum stack count: 10
- periodic effects: 'rate booster 1 (search)'

2. I created a search:

- name: rate booster 1 (search)
- filter: I set all value types to 'allowed' exept enemy+neutral
- radius: 2 (also didn't work with radius 10 when tested)
- effect: 'rate booster 1 (apply behavior)'

3. I created an apply behavior effect:

- name: 'rate booster 1 (apply behavior)'
- behavior: '+10% fire rate'

4. finally I created the last behavior:

- name: '+10% fire rate'
- modified: behavior - combat - attack speed multiplier - set to 1.1
- duration: 1.0 (duration is correct? not period?)

I created this tower/aura/effect/behavior 5 times and called them 'rate booster 2' 'rate booster 3' up to 5
The rate booster 2 gives 20% extra fire rate to towers

my only question: what's wrong here??
why does the behavior not affect my towers? (even if I put my marine tower next to the rate booster it won't get a behavior in it)

please help me?

MissKerrigan

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Already found it!

It was the 'search' effect, under the tab 'target' the impact location + the launch location were set on 'target point', I changed this to 'source unit' and it works now

But I can't fix the range aura
You said I must go to behavior - modification - weapon and set weapon range to 1?
Doesn't the weapons of my towers get 'range 1' now instead of +1 additional range?

Besides, I changed my mind about that, I want make 5 levels of the range aura tower

level 1: towers in range gains +10% range
level 2: towers in range gains +20% range
level 3: towers in range gains +30% range
level 4: towers in range gains +40% range
level 5: towers in range gains +50% range

Is there also some multiplier for range? so I can set this to 1.1 - 1.2 - 1.3 - 1.4 and 1.5

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The tooltip for the Weapon Range property is misleading. A value of 0 means there is no change, a value of +1 means the range is increased by 1, and a value of -1 means the range is reduced by 1.

Unfortunately there isn't a property that allows you to increase the range by %. You will have to settle with increasing it by set values. May I suggest:
Level 1: +0.3 range
Level 2: +0.6 range
Level 3: +0.9 range
Level 4: +1.2 range
Level 5: +1.5 range

+50% range is a massive boost anyway, especially for towers with a long range to begin with.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I got diffirent towers which start with range 1,2 or 3
the highest range tower is the queen which reach range 5 when fully upgraded
so if I get a range booster which gives every tower in it's range +1 range that should be nice
I removed the upgrade for the boosters, so the only way to get the strongest tower is to place multiple boosters next to a tower, but because the range of the boosters that would be 4

so to be clear, if I fill in the behavior in the range value '1' it will give the tower +1 range?

MissKerrigan

(maybe there is a way giving the towers a % of damage or attack speed?)

Siretu

Reaction score
Yes, it will give the tower +1 range, not 1 range total.

Giving the towers a % of damage or attack speed is also possible. Try out some of the fields in the combat tab of the buffs Behavior: Modification + field. I might edit this post later when I have time to get to the editor.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
thx siretu!

Yes I know the modification field, there are several multipliers which has effect to the behavior
Multiplier 1.1 = 10% increasing I know
Can't remember which of the multipliers is the attack speed/damage though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.