thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Harry Potter and the
Deathly Hallows - Part 2

Trailer 2:
[video=youtube;5NYt1qirBWg]5NYt1qirBWg[/video]

Trailer 1:
[video=youtube;66Wi3isw3NY&feature=player_embedded]66Wi3isw3NY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The final chapter begins as Harry, Ron, and Hermione continue their quest of finding and destroying the Dark Lord's three remaining Horcruxes, the magical items responsible for his immortality. But as the mystical Deathly Hallows are uncovered, and Voldemort finds out about their mission, the biggest battle begins and life as they know it will never be the same again.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2," is the final adventure in the Harry Potter film series. The much-anticipated motion picture event is the second of two full-length parts. In the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.

Genre:
Family
Official Site:
http://www.harrypotter.com
Director:
David Yates
Cast:
Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, Jim Broadbent, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Tom Felton, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, Ciarán Hinds, John Hurt, Jason Isaacs, Matthew Lewis, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, David Thewlis, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters, Bonnie Wright
Writers:
Steve Kloves

In theaters: July 15th, 2011

It looks even more amazing than part 1.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I believe the release date is 07/15/11 (Friday, July 15th, 2011).

I'm really looking forward to it. My girlfriend introduced me to Harry Potter late last year (about 2 weeks before part 1 came out), and I became a fan of the series. I blame my mother who originally told me I couldn't read the series while I was in junior high/high school for my late enthusiasm.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]66Wi3isw3NY[/YOUTUBE]

higher quality trailer :)

i got goosebumps from watching that :O, big fan of harry potter :)

Winterherz

Reaction score
The end part of a sequel is, a lot of times the most climatic, take return of the king :thup:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love the trailer. It makes me want to see it so badly :p

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ah, okay! Maybe that's a good thing? lol

Something tells me you've never read Harry Potter.

It's good and bad.
Good because, well, it's the finale. We've been waiting for this.
Bad because a generation's story is ending.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But too many episodes, It would Just suck wouldn't it?

Everything has to be ended eventually, there is only so far they can stretch out a story.

Winterherz

Reaction score
Everything has to be ended eventually, there is only so far they can stretch out a story.

don't think so

t1larg.pottermore.jpg

thewrongvine

Reaction score
[youtube]gdIgy-4o4fs&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Ehehehehe. Vollemort's ULVADADCAVADA.

Is excite.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
My local cinema has been showing the films one at a time each night leading upto the last. We missed the first four as we were at a festival but we caught the last few. I would've liked to stick around for the midnight showing of Pt. 2 tonight (especially after just seeing Pt.1) but we're going for my friend's birthday tomorrow and I'd feel kinda guilty if I saw if before her.

One question: do I go as Ron, or Bill?
:D

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Just got back from seeing it. Blew me away. Whereas previous films in the franchise might have occasionally failed to rise above average, this one is where they gave it their all. There was, throughout the entire film for most, a very real and tangible sense of emotion at the realisation that this is, when it comes down to it, the end of an era, of one of the defining cinematic franchises of this generation.

I'll try to avoid any spoilers in this short review, but apologies and fair warning if I overlook any.

The film is well paced, despite feeling very much like two hours of ending, with no beginning or middle - but in all fairness, that is exactly what it is meant to be. Though there is plenty of action, there are also many slower sections of storytelling that those who have read the books will be familiar with. The dialogue is given the weight and heft it needs and is not rushed over.

The characters themselves also seem to shine better in this finale than they have all series, though of course the build up and development they've had certainly helps with that. In Voldemort, we have one of the greatest cinematic villains of the last decade. In Snape, we have a far more complex character than might previously have been assumed, though those who have read the books (I expect that will probably be most of you) will already know to what I refer. The more minor characters, such as Neville, are given the opportunity to show themselves in a better, brighter light than the rest of the films. And, of course, the three leads that we have come to know so well are as you'd expect. And the entire ensemble cast gives it their best.

If you are a fan of the franchise, then you will see this film regardless of what I say, and I have little doubt you will enjoy it. I know I did. And when I said a tangible sense of emotion, I wasn't kidding; I don't think there was a dry eye in the house. I feel quite comfortable in saying that this is the epic conclusion that the series so deserved, and easily stands as the best blockbuster film of the last few years, up there with the likes of The Dark Knight and The Lord of the Rings in terms of big-budget, wide-appeal films.

[5/5]

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Finales are always so sad, :'(

So who did you dress up as?
I'll be busy these next days unfortunately, but I can't wait to finally be able to see it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.