4-directional shockwaves

1337NlNJA

Reaction score
I am currently making a Bomberman-type map...so i need some help with some triggering...

A unit dies of X type, it creates 4 shockwaves, one to each of these directions: up, down, left, and right.

Exactly like how bombs in "Bomberman" explode; shockwaves are sent from the position of the dying unit, one to each direction: top, bottom, left, and right.

And if possible, how do i make it so:

Every time a unit picks up X item, one additional explosion is added to each direction.

How could I do this?

D

dArKzEr0

Vars:
BombDummy - unit (array of size 4)
BombPoint - point

Code:
ExplodeBomb
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to [i][b]Bomb Unit[/b][/i]
    Actions
        Set BombPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
        For each (Integer A) from 0 to 3, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 [i][b]Dummy Unit[/b][/i] for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at BombPoint facing ((Real((Integer A))) x 90.00) degrees
                Set BombDummy[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
                Unit - Add Shockwave to BombDummy[(Integer A)]
                Unit - Order BombDummy[(Integer A)] to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (BombPoint offset by 300.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 90.00) degrees)
                Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to BombDummy[(Integer A)]
        Custom script:   set udg_BombPoint = null

That should take care of your bomb. Also, I would give the bomb unit negative regeneration to act as its timer (if you hadn't already thought of that)

Sounds like a cool map idea, good luck with it.

>Every time a unit picks up X item, one additional explosion is added to each direction.
Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you're asking.

-darkz

F

fratleyslaye

the shockwaves will go through walls, remember that

C

Chele

fratleyslaye said:
the shockwaves will go through walls, remember that
I think that if you create some sort of cliff shockwave stops on hitting it.

1337NlNJA

Reaction score
how could i make it so the explosions don't climb up walls?

i guess i'd have to change the whole "shockwave" concept...

and also... what i meant with the item pick-up event was:

There are power-up items that are left behind from destroying blocks, as in the game Bomberman (in the game,when you destroy a block, it sometimes reveals a power-up). I am referring to how i could make it so when you recieve the "Bomb Firepower Up" power-up, the bombs make longer shockwave lines in each direction.

A Side note: how can i make it so: there is a chance that when a block is destroyed, it reveals a power-up.

F

fratleyslaye

All concept of the game is simple to me, make the rocks destroyable units, and give thema % to drop items. The hard idea would be adding "powerups" as items, and making the shockwave become longer with powerups/not go up cliffs. Or some way to stop it. This is a greattt idea imo, hope it gets completed.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Change the distance it travels to match the length of the path your character is walking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.