A few questions...

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Well, I have pondered about these questions for a millennium yet I cannot figure out the answers, so I hope you guys can help me with these...

I'm sure many people would like to have these questions answered, but I cannot find a tutorial or thread asking these, so I thought it would be better for me to ask.

Some questions are a little off-topic, but I dunno where to post, so there:

1) How do we get the latest Warcraft III listfiles without downloading it from other people? (Getting it myself)

2) How is it that people know all the stuffs like JASS before a tutorial is actually posted? I mean, well, many people learn them from tuts, but what about the people who wrote tuts? They don't go around randomly typing stuff, do they?

3) Lastly, the most off-topic one: How to change the text written below our name in this website like the Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!

Moderators pls feel free to move this thread to wherever you feel is appropriate for this post, thanks. :banghead::banghead:

Thread moved to http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160169

Mods pls close this thread pls thx

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
1) How do we get the latest Warcraft III listfiles without downloading it from other people? (Getting it myself)
I don't know what listfiles are.

2) How is it that people know all the stuffs like JASS before a tutorial is actually posted? I mean, well, many people learn them from tuts, but what about the people who wrote tuts? They don't go around randomly typing stuff, do they?
Much of it is available by making a normal GUI trigger in the editor and then choosing Edit > Convert to custom script. The rest is documented in common.j (for natives) and Blizzard.j (for GUI equivalencies), found by decompressing the game's data MPQ files. The rest is from experimentation and user insight.

3) Lastly, the most off-topic one: How to change the text written below our name in this website like the Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!
I believe that ability is bestowed upon having earned a certain amount of rep (100, IIRC).

xPass

Reaction score
I don't know what listfiles are.
Well, they are those files needed for MPQs like MPQ Browser on Magos' Model Editor to be able to look at the things in the files like War3Patch.mpq without looking at gibberish.

Much of it is available by making a normal GUI trigger in the editor and then choosing Edit > Convert to custom script. The rest is documented in common.j (for natives) and Blizzard.j (for GUI equivalencies), found by decompressing the game's data MPQ files. The rest is from experimentation and user insight.
Wow, you mean they just experimented with it??? God, that's awesome lol, they waste so much time to learn and we just look at tutorials, they're cool people huh? The people who write tuts i mean. +Rep though, for answering this

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
... Wow, you mean they just experimented with it??? God, that's awesome lol, they waste so much time to learn and we just look at tutorials, they're cool people huh? The people who write tuts i mean...

Nothing beats learning what the code does for yourself. I learned some VB6 and C++ from the same teacher. For each class she told me to figure it out. I had a text book available, but I'm one of those people who tinkers instead of reading the manual (if you get what I mean). If I run into an issue, THEN I consult the manual. <(o_- )> Usually the people answering the questions on these forums are the same kind of people.

xPass

Reaction score
Squeekems what's the subject ur taking? Programming? and will you be able to answer my 1st question? (Hopeful expression)

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Rules

Ghan_04 said:
4. Replying
B. If 24 hours have passed, you were the last one to post, and your question has not been answered, you may bump your thread. But the 24 hour limit will be enforced, so be careful.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Squeekems what's the subject ur taking? Programming? and will you be able to answer my 1st question? (Hopeful expression)

I took those classes in high school, and they were only introductory. I too have no idea what the listfiles are. <( >_<)>

DioD

Reaction score
listfile is hashindex of content for MPQ archive.

listfiles have only one use - deprotection, and this is not allowed by forum rules (sadly).

standart archives have listfiles included.

xPass

Reaction score
listfile is hashindex of content for MPQ archive.

listfiles have only one use - deprotection, and this is not allowed by forum rules (sadly).

standart archives have listfiles included.

No, listfiles are also used for other things like getting out icons or models you want in the War3Patch.mpq, not only for deprotection. Deprotection suck anyway.. I just want to be able to get the latest War3 Listfiles so that I can access War3Patch.mpq easily to get the things I want, hell no for deprotection...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.