A functional Naga race

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Blizzard programmed the Naga in the expansion campaigns? I don't think their units were created through triggers, but I've tried making a Naga AI (base: Temple of the Tides, gold and lumber workers: Mur'gul, first hero: Naga Sea Witch, etc.)...and when I test it, the game just uses a Tree of Life and five Wisps, then sits around doing nothing.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
u know, now your talking about it, i did play a game once on Battlenet in warcraft, but then as always theres the begin screen, u see ur name , ur color, ur race and then other players name and color and race, and u can just pick what u want (alright hope u knwo what i mean), but in the game the races where Demon, Naga, Element and Giant, and i have NO idea how that is even possible.... where can u change Human into Demon etc etc

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I believe they just have the units already placed at the beginning, and then just order the workers to harvest lumber/gold. The workers automatically go back and forth, and then they continuously spawn units to attack you.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
hmm, perhaps u can just CHANGE the night elf building "Tree of Life" to -whatever the nage town hall name is- and then the game will auto create that, also the wisps u need to change to ?? (i thought it whas mur'gul slave)... that should do the trick - unless ofcourse the player chooses another starting race, but u can fix that by going to Players (top screen) and then make every player (if everyones supposed to be "naga") to night elf - wich is naga- and then go to force and click the create own force, and then click the Fixed Player Settings and then everyons naga (assuming that u have mayed every player night elf :rolleyes: )

G

Goauld

If you want to see how it is really done get a MPQ opener, open war3x.mpq and extract some nightelf campaign map from there (the last one?).

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
The AI from the campaigns is enteirly Jass-made and it's not in the maps from the campaign (as Goauld said), it's in some other file, in the MPQ aswell, sorry, I forgot how are they called...

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Goauld and smith_s9...I was afraid you were going to say that.

I'll come back to this later, once I've got that MPQ opener. Thanks for your help, and watch this space...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.