A new forum/subforum suggestion.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I don't know how many of you guys/gals who has ever even touched program code. I think there are a few of you who does, me included.
I have been searching the web and could not find any forum that has been good and not required membership to view, such as the helper I mean.

I suggest making a whole new section, or a subforum of some sort dedicated to programming. I know that there already is one for html, but nothing for these:
C, C#, C++, basic, python, Perl, Ruby, Shell.

I don't know if thehelper.net want nor need to expand, but I really think that to add this it will increase the number of daily visitors and members.

And I think with a name such as "thehelper.net" it would be a way to live up to the name to add this aswell.

What do you people think?

Samael88, hobby c++ programmer

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Thats already in discussion and has been brought up before.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Thats already in discussion and has been brought up before.

When? I must have missed it.

Do you know why it has not been done yet?

And what do you people think?

Maybe we should make a petition or something:D

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Typically we do not create subforums unless we have threads already in a forum somewhere to start out with. In other words, some sort of show of demand. Though I like the idea and think we have some programmers here we do not have anyone asking any questions right now and we don't just create empty forums.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Typically we do not create subforums unless we have threads already in a forum somewhere to start out with. In other words, some sort of show of demand. Though I like the idea and think we have some programmers here we do not have anyone asking any questions right now and we don't just create empty forums.

It was you who told me to write about it here:eek: Where to write about programming problems now then?
Is it the general discussion forum?
General tech?
gaming?
:confused::confused::confused:

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I've always posted my questions about C++ in the General Tech Help forums. The responses there were generally sufficient, so I don't think an entire forum would be needed.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I always avoided posting questions on here, simply because there really wasn't a place for it. So, I'm mostly just posting this as support. I'll ask questions in one of those two threads from now on, though.

Also, a related question, let's say I've already made a program I want to share/get feedback on. Which forum would be better for that, since I technically don't need help?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Darthfett, I put my program(s) in the General Discussion forum. :thup:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
General tech. And an unedited screenshot from here: http://www.virustotal.com/

I did not get that one:confused: Was it a joke or where you serious:nuts:

Edit: Oh, btw, can't you just change the name of the webmaster forum? Into programmers corner or something. In that way you would not need to create a new forum, and since questions about it already is posted there, then it won't bother anyone that much:)
And oh, there is no need for some fancy tags like the Jass tag, it would be enought with the normal code tag, and no extra work there either:)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new Programming Forum.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
New Programming Forum

Oh :) New forum :thup:

Borat-VeryNice.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.