Other A New WC3 Help Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rep7a

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I decided to post this thread to see what kind of response I get from the community, this is not a for sure thing just yet. Well, for the last year or so, i've browsed the helper and posted as least often as I can, just reading threads, trying maps and getting help when I needed it. I posted little because even though i've been using the WE for quite awhile, i'm still not as experienced with it as the majority of this site. After realizing this I began thinking that even though this site is directed at anyone and everyone regardless of skill in the WE, the majority of the WE section is pointed at experienced users. Now, I have absolutely no problem with that, but i'd like to know if people would like to see a forum like TH, or WC3C that is aimed towards newer or inexperienced users. To let them share their ideas and projects without being overshadowed by larger scale projects by experienced users. I'd like any and all feedback, Thanks.

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't see how it could work properly, experienced users are required to help newer ones.

Rep7a

Reaction score
Not really the place to post this. I think there is a feedback/suggestion section, try there.

If some people show me that this isn't a bad idea, i'll go through with it, then it will be a project wouldn't it?

I don't see how it could work properly, experienced users are required to help newer ones.

Well i understand that, and i wouldn't mind experienced users joining as well, but as i said, on this forum newer user's projects are overshadowed by larger more in depth projects, and i believe there should be a place for everyone to show what they're looking to do and what they have done, it was just a thought, though, thanks for the feedback.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's nothing any website can do to control how many 'experienced' or 'beginner' users it has. Warcraft III has simply become a game with more of the former, probably because it's so old now.

This website handles beginners quite well, I'd think. Any member is free to post any question regarding the World Editor, and help will usually be given fairly quickly.

Rep7a

Reaction score
There's nothing any website can do to control how many 'experienced' or 'beginner' users it has. Warcraft III has simply become a game with more of the former, probably because it's so old now.

This website handles beginners quite well, I'd think. Any member is free to post any question regarding the World Editor, and help will usually be given fairly quickly.

I agree, and that's why i posted here before potentially wasting my time. Yeah it is new-user friendly, but it has become aimed more at experienced users because as you said warcraft is an old game and most users that are interested in mapping are. Thanks for all your feedback guys.

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
If some people show me that this isn't a bad idea, i'll go through with it, then it will be a project wouldn't it?

Well i understand that, and i wouldn't mind experienced users joining as well, but as i said, on this forum newer user's projects are overshadowed by larger more in depth projects, and i believe there should be a place for everyone to show what they're looking to do and what they have done, it was just a thought, though, thanks for the feedback.

I think you will find this is for Map Projects.
This isn't really to do with Warcraft, but more the helper.net.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
This thread is really unnecessary. This site has been and always will be welcomed to all, regardless of how experienced they are with the game. The only reason you less "newer" comments is because people have fewer of them.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.