A Problem with damage (2nd)

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Hello there:)
This is the 2nd time im asking the samething. On the 1st thread im try asking people about pure damage but its not solved my true problem.

This is the 1st thread :
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/161148-A-problem-with-damage..

The guys there telling me about using Chaos attack type and Universal Damage type to do an exact damage, thats true its a PURE damage when im try it to Hero armor type. And when im trying to divine armor, the "PURE" damage isnt working:confused:

On this thread im trying ask another question:
1. Gameplay constant cant be interupted about damage? in other word gameplay constant is an absolute option for damage even we change it via trigger?

2. Im still using my 2nd trigger (read my 1st thread about my 2nd trigger) to do an exact damage but some guy said reducing HP is not dealing damage, thats way im still hesitant using my 2nd trigger. is there any other method rather than use my 2nd trigger?

can someone help me here? im still noob about attack type and damage type i hope theres some angle help me:D

my apologize for attitude of my english:)

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I'm not too sure about damages myself, though I'm sure you should use your first trigger instead of your second. I've seen many peopel trying to tell you that, but don't just take it as people telling you that, you gotta understand why they tell you that. If you just set the health lower, it's just the game dealing the damage, not whatever unit doing the damage. In other words the game kills the unit, not the casting unit killing it. I believe you want the caster to kill the unit, and get its rewards right? A kills B, A gets rewards of killing B. If A is the game, how can the actual killer get the rewards?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
It should work. The damage type "Universal" basically ignores all enemy armor.

1) Not changeable in trigger.

2) If you're really hesitant about using it, you could do it this way. Use the reducing HP method. But when the damage is greater than the current health, deal 999999 damage or something. For example:

Trigger:
  • Spell Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Pure Damage
    • Actions
      • Set TempReal = 100.00 <-- damage dealt
      • If (All Conditions) are true then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • TempReal is greater than or equal to (Life of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 99999.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - TempReal)

The above trigger is a basic target-unit spell that deals 100 pure damage.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
>skyblader
Thanks about your suggestion, thats because im to haste want to know everthing about WE ^_^
if i get you correctly, you suggest the 2nd trigger is imposible if its used for "pure damage" problem, eh?

>Ayanami
You'r right about Universal damage type (tested) ^^d
"Not changeable in trigger"? ugh,,i should've know that from the begining *ouch* (hit my head with pencil). About your trigger im not try it yet, but i'll try it until my works done.

Thanks, dude:D

[EDIT]
Ayanami's trigger work well, its deal really a PURE damage "tested" (dont ask me how to detect it) ,the exp and bounty earned well too.
I'll give you "THANKS" Ayanami as much as sea water on this planet :D
(now i can sleep well);)

sorry about my bad spelling:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.