A problem with damage..

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
I was making some spell that dealing pure damage to any armor, example :
1st trigger :
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
and of course i change the damage amount in gameplay constant to make sure the damage given has 100% to every armor.

2nd trigger :
Events
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to ((Life of (Attacked unit)) - 500.00)
that is PURE damage given from attacking unit either.

The problem is my map using divine armor that only takes 10% damage from all damage even to chaos. because of that i dont want using the first trigger cuz the spell is useless to divine armor. If i using 2nd trigger it could be a pure damage even to divine armor---even i changed the game constant, but... when i kill a unit with 2nd trigger--i cant even get an exp, why?

any suggestion about which one the better trigger of pure damage type?
or can you guys solve my 2nd trigger problem about cant get any exp?

thank's:D
my apologize for attitude of my english.

akuzaid93

Reaction score

the reason is you are not the owner of the killing unit(if it's killed by the trigger).

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Hero - Add (Point-value of (Triggering unit)) experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
            • Else - Actions
    • <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code"><div class="bbCodeBlock-title">Trigger:</div><div class="wc3trigger"><ul class="wc3" id="wc3_1">
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">PS/ i can&amp;#039;t find how to tag it correctly.</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </div></div>

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
you mean like this?
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
Then - Actions
Hero - Add (Point-value of (Killing unit)) experience to (Killing unit), Hide level-up graphics
Else - Actions

i'll give it a try, and thank's for the advice, dude.

akuzaid93

Reaction score
it's better to avoid such condition,
(Owner of (Killing unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
because it only valid for that player, instead use
((Owner of (Killing unit)) slot status) Equal to Is playing

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
i dont know whats the better, what im really to avoid is global exp earn.
player 1 is only the one who "killing unit", cuz only player 1 that have such a spell.^^
lets say player 1 is kael, so the only one who get exp from his spell is kael.
im already try your trigger and BAM all player (AI) get an exp, even from afar even within 512 range.
but thanks for advice, dude ^^

[EDIT]
Oh hey you're right. My map is'n a single plyer. Ouch (hit my head to the wall)
thanks dude +rep

akuzaid93

Reaction score
why not do this?

if the attacked unit dies, do
Hero - Add (Point-value of (Attacked unit)) experience to (Attacking unit), Show level-up graphics

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
If you're looking for pure damage, do this:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal

damage type Universal goes through everything. If it says it deals 500 damage, it will deal 500 damage regardless of target's armor.

If you are trying to deal damage, DO NOT use this:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to ((Life of (Attacked unit)) - 500.00)

That is merely changing the HP of the hero, not dealing damage, that's why it is not giving you any XP.

:thup:

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
The reason why your second trigger is not working is because there's no killing unit. When you set life to a certain value, you're simply decreasing the life, rather than telling a unit to deal damage. Thus, you need to use "Unit - Damage Target". However, use attack type Chaos and damage type Universal. That should make it "pure" damage.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
>tommerbob
i've already said that my map using divine armor that block ALL attack to 90%, even to chaos attack type. (i change the gameplay constnt to do it)
yap its true its changing the target hp not damage it, but what the diffrent? as long its reducing their HP its the same as damage, correct? ^^V but the problem is i cant get an exp from that trigger.

>akuzaid93
i'll try that, thanks dude.

tommerbob

Reaction score
>tommerbob
i've already said that my map using divine armor that block ALL attack to 90%, even to chaos attack type. (i change the gameplay constnt to do it)
yap its true its changing the target hp not damage it, but what the diffrent? as long its reducing their HP its the same as damage, correct? ^^V but the problem is i cant get an exp from that trigger.

You did not read what I said. Read Carefully. Let me repeat myself:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal

damage type Universal goes through everything. If it says it deals 500 damage, it will deal 500 damage regardless of target's armor.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
>tommerbob

Reducing HP is not the same as dealing damage. Reducing HP doesn't have a damage source, it just kills the unit. Thus, the game won't know who killed the unit, therefore not giving exp or gold. As tommer mentioned, use damage type "Universal". It will deal pure damage.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
>tommerbob
oh im sorry i've already read that you said Universal. But i still learning of damage type, thats why i ignore it ^^. is that true, well i'll try using my first trigger.

>Ayanami
well is that really true if Universal damage type giving a pure damage, i'll give it a try.

isnt this thread used for that problem (about pure damage)?
thanks for the advice dude.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Yep damage type Universal goes through any type of armor (and spell immunity, if I'm not mistaken). Use it whenever you want to deal exact damage.

xkid4ditya

Reaction score
Yep damage type Universal goes through any type of armor (and spell immunity, if I'm not mistaken). Use it whenever you want to deal exact damage.

that's work good. Oh yeah maybe this thread usefull to their who read this.
there's some type of damage :
fire, cold, enhanced etc etc etc.
i've already fine one about explanation of damage type. but its not explain the effect, and i know one that universal damage deal pure damage (thanks to you guys). How about the other type? what are they function?

my apologize for attitude of my english.

[EDIT]
one of the damage type explanation :
http://www.wc3c.net/showpost.php?p=1030046&postcount=19

akuzaid93

Reaction score
my mistake, I should have first understand of how the damage - unit trigger work.
anyone can give me any useful link?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.