About spells

brainless

Reaction score
I copied the same spells and pasted them into my new map twice. I edit one of these spells(change the names change triggers ability being cast) but when a hero use the spell it auto activate both spells. What should I do :( ?

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to thehelper.net

I think the issue is that these two spells are made from the same base ability. This means, both of them will be cast if you click on one of them :eek: its not really as simple as that, but my suggestion is to remake one of the spells from scratch with another ability as base

Rakaesa

Reaction score
What Necrach means is say you have two summoning spells for example. You base both of these off of Summon Water Elemental, editing their stats to summon different units and w/e. The problem is, when you use one the other will be set off. Why? Because they're both based on Summon Water Elemental. So instead you'd make one based on Summon Water Elemental, while the other is based on, say, Feral Spirit. Find an alternative to whatever you based the spell on, and remake it on that.

brainless

Reaction score
Here are the triggers of both spells edited from the same original spell. Sry about how i post the trigger but i am new so i dont know how to post them properly.

Attachments

• trigger 1x.bmp
    793.7 KB · Views: 122
  • trigger 2x.bmp
    840.7 KB · Views: 106

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
if they are from the same original spell in the object editor they have a same cast order string which would possibly make them both fire at once, or rather both will attempt to be fired
never base 2 spells on the same unit from the same original spell unless it is channel or spellbook

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.