Abstract Image Maker/Generator

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Easy? lol, considering you (assumingly) have no knowledge of API, I do not see what you mean :p.

So yeah, I mastered API, which is a part (advanced) of Actionscript in flash which you use to code graphical things like lines to a point.

Thanks for testing, I'll see about an eraser, might be beyond me though >_<.

~Jindo

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Completely useless, but fun to mess around with :p

Hehehe, and corvus demonstrates ignorance on the subject. From the little of what I know about Actionscript, it's a pretty basic language for doing little, as it is made just for manuevering Flashes. However, a good piece of code can make it pretty powerful for various kinds of systems, like a simple false-3d engine.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Indeed, 3D is impossible in Flash (unless exporting things from Swift 3D etc).

Actionscript itself is very very basic, but as I've learnt the hard way, API is a fairly difficult thing for someone like me (even if it only took me 2 weeks to master).

---

as soon as I get a good image out of this, I'm gonna post some screenies xD.

( Rin's right, it's completely useless, but I find it fun to use atm xD).

~Jindo

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
That is anything but easy...
You have to create the lines using "lineTo(x,y)" for each line then you have to change the colors (beginFill(0xHEXNUMBER,ALPHA) if im right) then the thickness (not sure how to do that yet)

So yea...
Its kinda hard. GJ Jindo I like it

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
mase said:
That is anything but easy...
You have to create the lines using "lineTo(x,y)" for each line then you have to change the colors (beginFill(0xHEXNUMBER,ALPHA) if im right) then the thickness (not sure how to do that yet)

So yea...
Its kinda hard. GJ Jindo I like it

It is pretty easy once you get used to it, you don't have to use x,y, you can just use things like '_xmouse, _ymouse' or '_root.inst._x, _root.inst._y'.

beginFill I can use to work (the squares that you drag), but I was also trying to get it to fill any graps made from creating the lines, which didn't work out.

you'd make the lines work using 'lineStyle', the properties come up in that (you only have to set a few of them if a tonne come up).

---

Overall, this is kind of a big jump for me in Flash as it's the first working piece of API I've made :shades:.

~Jindo

EDIT:
apiimg1pf3.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.