Activatable spells similar to immolation? Spells that don't interrupt current orders?

MP®

Reaction score
I'm looking for a base spell to make an ability that can be activated and deactivated and does not interrupt any other current orders, like immolation. But I already use immolation for another spell for the same hero and also Defend for another hero with the same spell, so I'm looking for another activatable spell that I can use for this new spell.

If there isn't a spell matching my conditions (speaking we terms), then I can make the spell manually activatable, but the most important part is that the unit can cast it without interupting its current orders. So when the unit is moving, it should not stop to cast the spell, but it should be able to cast while moving. And I already used Berserk..

Is there a list or something of spells that don't interrupt current orders?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
ahh thats something i encountered myself while creating the bomberman map. i went through all the spells and here are the ones that worked for me:

Immolation (used)
Berserk (used)
Mana shield
Windwalk
Defend
Divine shield
Replenish life (not optimal since this allows autocasting)
Replenish (not optimal since this allows autocasting)

Well since most of these have unwanted effects and you want them to be toggleable you would have to set them up as dummy abilities and handle the toggled on/toggled off status by variables.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Fan of Knives works as well. Remove missile art, targets and damage and you can use it as an instant-cast, uninterrupting dummy ability. Animations will still be played, though.

MP®

Reaction score
thnx jnZ

and indeed fan of knifes works as well, but already used that one too :p

Another question (too small to create a new thread for it):

I made an ability like this:
Starts effect of ability -> dummy unit will be created and attacks-ground the target of ability being cast (once).
This works perfect, but it looks a little bit strange: the ability is Shoot Arrow - the caster (archer) does the attack animation and the arrow should come right after it. But it is a little bit delayed.. But I set the damage point and backswing of the dummy unit to 0.00 and I also set the facing of the dummy unit to the facing of the caster.. So how come that this is a little bit delayed? Is there a way to speed this proces a little bit up?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.