actor BUG in the data-editor??

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hey,

Since one of the last new patches, I noticed that it is possible to select multiple units-weapon-behaviors-etc... and modify them at the same time

I really like this because I can just select 50 units and set the movement speed to 2.0 if I want them all to move at speed 2

But something happened in the actor-data:

- At first I copied the next actor event:

behavior dark on.
set tint color (black)

- After that I selected my 30 units and went to events
- I pressed ctr.v so I pasted the event in every unit-actor

Now all my units having the actor-event, thats good, but for some reason it REMOVED all actors from my units!!

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? it toke me about 2 hours to fix all this!!

MissKerrigan

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Well, in the actor it should have an event that upon birth of a unit creates the actor, so if that is not set to, for example the marine, the marine wont have that actor.

In other words, if you copy the events from another actor (attached to another unit) the actor you copy to, will also be attached to the other unit.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
If you need to give multiple units the same actor events, try creating an Event Macro object (create an actor and just set the Actor Type field to Event Macro). These objects allow you to save a list of actor events and then you can give these events to a unit by adding it to the Event: Macros + property on the units actor.

The good thing about doing this is if you need to make a change, you only need to make the change once in the Event Macro object rather than going through every actor you have given these events to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.