Health Addiction to Video Games Is Just Like Drug Addiction: The same brain pathways

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
(this is probably a really BAD, i mean BAD analogy, but i think it goes with the idea)

People say "You RETARD" and things like that because they are not retarded. Im assuming its the same for something like addiction (which is a more serious matter)

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
*attempts to OD on video games*

8 hours later

hmm...

nothing yet

Addiction and Overdose are different, I can overdose on medication even if I don't have an addiction to it, its just taking the wrong dosage.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Things like cocaine and nicotine create physiological addictions, they make your body feel like it needs more dopamine or nicotine; much like when you are thirsty or hungry. Video games or other habits are just that, habits. While the psychological process of a drug addiction or the urge to play video games might be the same, video games lack the aspect of physical need.

Reaction score
Not all drug addictions have physical dependencies.

Psychological dependencies can be just as bad.
They make you believe you cannot function without the drug or you cannot be happy without it.

LearningCode

Reaction score
I haz an addiction to learning.
And when I feel sick of it, I overdose, just so that my body will feel addicted again.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm not trying to mock your past experiances ReVolver. I agree that being addicted to games is nothing near what you experianced. I was just saying that I don't think there is anything wrong with playing games.

There is nothing wrong with PLAYING video games, but playing them all the time and being "addicted", yes, there is a problem. ;)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with PLAYING video games, but playing them all the time and being "addicted", yes, there is a problem. ;)
QFT :thup:
Just take It easy and Really!.. the games don't run away from you, If you not play all day.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
its because they want to be better/best at whatever gme they play.
As usual, you don't have a clue what you're talking about. State the life situations of every gaming-addict in the world then, since it can't be something else than wanting to win the fucking game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.