Adding a progression/loading bar in-game?

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to add a simple bar that depletes over a given amount of time. Smoothly if possible.

Would I need to create my own if it doesn't exist? If so, can you explain it or lead me to somewhere that can?

I've only been able to find the boss' HP bar, and that's just ridiculously over sized to work with-- just not what I want.

I'd greatly appreciate anyone who's able to help.

Thanks,

Beetle

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
[Trigger Editor]
Not sure if it works, as I haven't tried it yet, but check the "Dialog" tab.
Use the "Create Dialog Item", and there you can choose smth like a "progress bar", not sure how exactly it is called.

As I said, I haven't tried it yet, but I've seen it be there.

DrCheeto

Reaction score
You get 2 images one green bar one black bar of same length and hieght, have a timer that slowly shrinks green and grows black

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
You need to use a dialog with a dialog item of type "image", which you can slowly shrink. Firstly, you must create the dialog:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Create a Modal dialog of size (320,64) at (50,50) relative to Top Left of screen.
      • Variable - Set Loading Bar = (Last created dialog)
      • Dialog - Create an image for dialog Loading Bar with the dimensions (260,40) anchored to Left with an offset of (30,0) setting the tooltip to "Loading Bar" using the image ui_loadingbarsegment_center.dds as a Normal type with tiled set to true tint color (100%,100%,100%) and blend mode Normal
      • Dialog - Show Loading Bar to (All players)
      • Variable - Set Loading Bar Image = (Last created dialog item)
      • Variable - Set Deplete Time = 60.00
      • Variable - Set Loading Bar Width = 260

Then simply create a trigger that adjusts the size of the loading bar:
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.0 seconds of Game Time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Variable - Set Loading Bar Width = (Loading Bar Width - (260 / Deplete Time)
      • Dialog - Set Loading Bar Image size to (Loading Bar Width,32) for (All players)

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
appreciate the help! I actually figured this out quite a while ago, but thank you for answering it for others who need this same thing to be answered.

--Beetle

Rusty

Reaction score
frozenwind's progress bar works wonderfully, and you dont have to go through the hassle of creating images :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.