Adjusting Gold for players

AmplifyDamag

Reaction score
Thrall Lord of the Clans DotA Testmap Help

Hey i need help adjusting how to set the starting gold for players in a custom map.

thanks in advance

amplifydamage

Shura

Reaction score
Go to the trigger editor, and delete the action Set starting resources (for all players). Then add an action to set the players starting gold to the amount you would want.

AmplifyDamag

Reaction score
thanks but it seems like my problem was something else.

The real issue with my map was that i want to control player 2 (blue) as the user.

I have set up Red as the Horde base controlled by the [computer]

The problem is when i test the map, i attain control as the red base instead of being player 2 (blue)

Shura

Reaction score
Try going into Warcraft and playing the map from there instead of hitting Test Map. Then you can choose who you play as.

AmplifyDamag

Reaction score
thanks that seems to resolve my issue for now, thanks for the help, i'm a newbie so expect more noob questions from me. XD

AmplifyDamag

Reaction score
for some reason whenever i try to import my custom icon, it tells me it's a "other" file and not an image.

Can someone link me a tutorial for importing custom icons? i just cant do it. :(

AmplifyDamag

Reaction score
wow thanks alot, it seems like the file type was the main issue, but i still have some issues.
My first custom icon is working, but the other 3 do not. What is the term "alpha channel" ?

i would like to update this thread with my current map, i'm having troubles coding my spells at the moment.

They are copy pasted from my original thrall map, but in this new updated map i have imported into, my spell buffs seem to be incorrect buffs.

This is probably due to my incorrect triggers, but i have double checked and i can't figure out my problem.

If someone talented can do me a favor and just glance over my skill triggers, that would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Attachments

• thrallmap1.w3x
    462.6 KB · Views: 253

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
wow thanks alot, it seems like the file type was the main issue, but i still have some issues.
My first custom icon is working, but the other 3 do not. What is the term "alpha channel" ?

I would just use this: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?p=967767#post967767

1. Insert a picture into a certain folder (Can be any size and without any borders)
2. Run the program.
3. You can then make the images into a warcraft 3 icon, it will be made into .blp format, or a format of your choice. .blp being ready to import. Also makes disabled and active, passive, etc. borders.

xombie

Reaction score
If you have JNGP then you can go to the Grimoire tab and select "Customize test map settings" to change the player that you start off as so that you don't have to open up WarCraft III, go to Single Player, Custom Game, and then find your game every time you want to test your map.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
If you have JNGP then you can go to the Grimoire tab and select "Customize test map settings" to change the player that you start off as so that you don't have to open up WarCraft III, go to Single Player, Custom Game, and then find your game every time you want to test your map.

You could just test from the test button :confused:
Or edit the player settings and in force properties, have Fixed Player Settings ticked :confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.