Adobe Photoshop CS4 : What the hell?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Well I've tried Flash and PS CS4, and I never found any problems with them.

Although I'm back to CS3, I'll be getting them both as soon as I've got enough money (Yes, that's right, I'm paying for them like a decent citizen).

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
CS4 is pretty demanding actually, that's why I never use it. If I don't have a .net framework, well CS4 for last resort. Though I would prefer Paint.net which is quick and easy to use. Downside is, it does not have fancy plug-ins.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
CS3 is nice and comfortable. Upgrading to CS4 seems kind of wasteful since it doesn't offer too many things I'd normally be interested in.

CS3 had a (personally in my opinion) pretty nice upgrade from CS2. (Such as the animator implemented into CS3 so you don't have to switch programs)

But I don't think CS4 has a very dramatic impact. So for now, I'll stick to CS3 until they make maybe a CS5. :p

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
However, if you ever want to take your skills to a job setting, good luck finding a job that uses Gimp. ;)

oh my, a job? Your talking to people around the age of 14. They aren't going to get a fancy web design job. They might get a fancy fast food job (later in life). I do see what you mean about getting a job with photo shop (if you can find one), you wouldn't be able to do much without gimp.

I would like to note that I have stated my opinion; an opinion is someones point of view, not your point of view. So don't get angry.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
oh my, a job? Your talking to people around the age of 14.

Not everyone here is ~14 (I am 15 though :p). I am a freelance web-designer. I seriously can't design in GIMP though. Photoshop CS3 ftw.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
However, if you ever want to take your skills to a job setting, good luck finding a job that uses Gimp. ;)
lawl... hehe hmm well, no programs have what I want really , So I would not use Gimp only that for sure. BTW: I already use 3-4 program for one pic or whatever I want edit or add on and alot more.

Not really@kc102 :p hehe

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Next, we have performance. Now I have a pretty good computer - quad core 2.3, 8600GT graphics, 6gigs of ram on vista64bit. I understand photoshop is a bit bloated - however needing 5 SECONDS every time I want to select something is way too much.
Yes, you heard me. When you go down to drag and select, it takes 5 seconds before you make the selection box. Same with moving an object, or rotating, or using clone tool.
If you don't disable OPENGL, the same effect will go onto drawing. Freshly installed, CS4's drawing would happen at about 1 frame per second. Yes, it would update every second.

Either you have a ton of viruses/spyware/etc or your have something wrong on your computer. This is my specs and CS4 works really smoothly :nuts: could be Vista :p

Processor:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory:
768MB RAM

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Nope, my computer is pretty decent. I take very good care of it - webroot, CClener, and so on. I can play crysis at a high resolution with a lot of the extras.
While I didn't look too far into it, the problem seems to be on the hardware (even if it exeeds what's needed)
CS3 works like a charm, whereas cs4 is incredibly slow.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
yes you can 'OPEN' but you cannot EDIT.. it gives you a message that says 'you can only view one frame'.

attachment.php

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It can, click Import --> Video Frames to Layers, then in the dialog box, type in the name field *.* then find your GIF and open it.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
I bought CS4, I prefer it to CS3 they improved many things, like using the Healing Spot Brush in CS3 was rubbish, CS4 has improved upon this apparently, I'm on Mac, so I love the interface...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.