Advanced Dialogs for Game Setting (HELP)

Valtarian

Reaction score
Hello,
In order to be very clear, I'll try to provide as much information as possible.

In my map, I have it set up so where red is given dialog options to play normally, play with a multiboard, or fully custom.

If he selects fully custom, another dialog comes up with more options, and once he selects those options, additional dialogues appear.

The problem that I'm having with that though, is that the game kind of pauses, but not really. A timer is created on the top right corner of the screen, you can see it count down, but the screen is dark as if it is paused and you can't select anything. There's an "unpause" trigger on all of the dialogues, so I'm not sure why that's happening.

Here is a picture of my problem:

2jfd7vo.jpg

Here is what I'd like to do instead:

I've attached a map below of WmW TE. It has exactly what I'm looking for as far as dialogue options.

Red is given a dialog with multiple options, and can click the buttons to edit the values and change pages, and finally select "done" to play with the values he selected.

Example:

s1hlq1.jpg

If you click on "Lives: 50" it updates it to "Lives: 60" and you play with that amount of lives, same thing for the rest of the values.

I'm not sure if it's as easy as simply turning on/off triggers based on the dialog, but could anyone help me with my problem, or provide me with some sort of starter GUI triggers to get that dialog going, please? Thank you!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Why does it turn paused in the first place? Should there be a dialog displayed, or what?

The example you posted probably just changes the value of variables and the text on the dialog button every time you click on it. Then it uses the values of the variables when the Done button is clicked.

maxou

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Warcraft III is paused when, when you test a game from world editor, you open a dialog, press F9/10/11/12.
Try creating it on B.net..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.