Other Advanced Strategy Map!

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Now I will be announcing this as a fullblown project!

Some of you may already have seen the post in the WE help forum about this, but there has been some changes made to the original concept.
The formation system has been thrown of the project beacuse of warcrafts limits in handling thousands of units. I got it working and will post it as a system or tutorial when I have made a tutorial in it and made som changes to it:thup:

But as a wise man once said "the show must go on"

And here is the Idea of the project and the basics:

7 resources total, they are:
Gold
Wood
Iron
Stone
Food<-- Yes it is a resource that will have to be collected to stop starvation.
Water
Mana

All except gold will be shown in a multiboard to the right of the screan when playing, and on that multiboard there will also be the overall kingdom status for your kingdom.
Costs of resources will be deducted and such via triggers and it will be mentioned in the tooltip for each separate unit and building.
And that is in different colors aswell, so it will be easy on the eye (no bright thingys) and the colors have been carefully selected to look like the resource it represents.

Specific places for some of the resources to be mined/gathered.
This is to create a few more strategic positions.
This also makes siege, walls and castles more important.
Magic will be involved, I am right know considering a small physics engine to make a little more exciting multi unit targetable spells to make waste of the battlefield(like tornade that tosses units in the air and such).
Spies and, traps and ambushing will also be possible.
An advanced but easy to use and learn population system with features as
happiness, riots, migration.
The possibility to choose some kind of alignment will also be possible by choosing different researches and this will also make warfare much more interesting by kind of choosing your "race" as you play(not that there are plans for more races than human in this game).

There will be multiple maps to play this game on.
This means a few different terrain types as the usual melee maps, at release, it will not have just one map, it will be a map pack from the beginning.

Basically it will be an advanced strategy map.
Easy to learn and play. If me and my friends consider a function to be to complicated we will try to change it, or not use it at all. This is to keep it from being far to hard to learn it.

All Ideas are welcome, except for the down right bad ones;)

Progress so far is this:
Concept = 100%
Resource system = 99%
Physics engine = 40%
Terrain = 10%
Units and techtree = 5%
models = 70%
Overall progress = 15%

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
What is the race? Human? Becuz if it is i would advise to use some of the human units and buildings already made but make lots lots lots lots lots lots more. Or it would get quite boring, quite fast. Would you wanna play a game with 10 buildings and 8 units, with only one race. I wouldnt. So i would make 50 buildings minum and 60 units minum. Well good luck! Cant wait to test it :thup: Btw which relm u play on? I play on USWest. My wc3 name is Fire-Wolf Maybe we could test it out somtime over b.net?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
The "race" will be human, And you will kind of select/specialize your "race" during the game.

All start the same, not currently sure of how much to start with in all tho.
Then If you want to specialize in cavalery, there are buildings and researches that will make that possible, or maybe specialize in archery, then you will have to research archery.

You can also specialize in multiple ones aswell.
The goal with that is to make it be as flexible for the players as possible, and make the game a little more exciting overall, instead of having to choose a race in the beginning and be stuck with that for the rest of the gams.

And to the B.net question, I don't play on B.net, never has and probably never will. I had 56k until a few months ago and I got no time for online play and never really liked that either. Not saying it is bad, just that I never liked it.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
oh lol, i thought scince u was makin a b.net game u would play b.net. Is this going to have AI so u can single player it?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I don't actually think that it would be possible to make it with both AI and B.net playable:( It would be to big due to all the custom AI triggers. And that is beacuse of the custom resources. It would need a really advanced custom AI to make it work properly:eek:

And I LAN a lot. I think it is much more fun to play with my friends and get drunk at the same time;)

131ackout

This thing was like that from your old thread. Why recreate a new same thing as this?

Btw, Can't wait for it! :D

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I don't actually think that it would be possible to make it with both AI and B.net playable:( It would be to big due to all the custom AI triggers. And that is beacuse of the custom resources. It would need a really advanced custom AI to make it work properly:eek:

And I LAN a lot. I think it is much more fun to play with my friends and get drunk at the same time;)

Well it is possible to make AI and B.net compatibility. If its compatible with LAN, its compatible with B.Net.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
What the official name of the Project? I need some tracking ye see?
Hehe...
BTW, you don't listen to samael, do you? =P ... Just wondering ^^

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Well it is possible to make AI and B.net compatibility. If its compatible with LAN, its compatible with B.Net.

If you have read the whole thru or maybe I was a little unclear on the subject.
There will be a few imports probably a lot and the triggering takes a little place. With the 7 resources that I have, only the gold will be useable with the warcraft AI. The other resources would need a whole lot of triggering to be useable with proper AI, Placing will have to be calculated, what units to train.

To conclude it, It would take up to much place to be B.net playable with a fully working AI:thdown:

What the official name of the Project? I need some tracking ye see?
Hehe...
BTW, you don't listen to samael, do you? =P ... Just wondering ^^

I am not sure about the project name yet. I am right now considering the War of Mana. That could be the final title, but will probably be changed due to the fact that it may not suit the finished project.

listen to samael? how do you mean with that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.