AI Help

radienx000

Reaction score
I've tried using the search in thehelper forum but I couldnt find any matches for AI...
I have this problem. I have placed in the Ai Editor for the comptuer to build a group once, but they seem to rebuild them which is taking up space in the computer's gathering point. Does anyone know how to make the AI computer build one group once only? Similarly, I'm trying to make the AI do very similar to the Undead in Mount Hyjal War3:Reign Of Chaos campagin.

Thanks, :D

radienx000

Reaction score
I'm not quite experienced in triggering, I find AI editor to be much more easier... :thup:

EDIT: Couldn't I just make layers of AI Scripts and each Script could be a wave, meaning they only build once? And i just use triggers to tell the computer to switch AI scripts?

But problem is... will it take alot of space? And will it lag in-game? :banghead:

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
I think triggers are easier actually because triggers are like a plan you use. if you want it to happen once then it'll do that if you want it to go twice then make it go twice and then it's endless
at first i tried to use ai editor but the trigger editor turns out to be much more useful
no i dont thin it will lag

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
There's an action called "AI - Command ...", you can make a condition in the AI editor, and then activate it by using mentioned command. Might be helpfull.

radienx000

Reaction score
There's an action called "AI - Command ...", you can make a condition in the AI editor, and then activate it by using mentioned command. Might be helpfull.

Hi, but Ai - Command, i don't know how to use it... Like whats command and data? And what do you mean by mentioned command? :shades:

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> AI - Command, I don't know how to use it

I don't think anyone does. The AMAI people maybe...

But, well, the waves in the AI editor always repeat.
The only option there is not to repeat the first one. Or the first two or so...
If that doesn't do it, only triggers remain.

Switching scripts is not possible.

radienx000

Reaction score
> AI - Command, I don't know how to use it

I don't think anyone does. The AMAI people maybe...

But, well, the waves in the AI editor always repeat.
The only option there is not to repeat the first one. Or the first two or so...
If that doesn't do it, only triggers remain.

Switching scripts is not possible.

It isn't?! :(
"The only option there is not to repeat the first one. Or the first two or so..."
Thats not the problem. The problem is is that the gathering point for the computer AI fills the space, and so when I add more waves the bigger the space will be filled. Later, it will be so crampped that the wave just won't start, because theres not sufficient amount of units for the next wave.

I tried using a trigger where you can kill all units in a region, so i can fill in the space. But the trigger didn't work... :banghead: and I think it would be useless as well, because the AI will just make more copies to fill in the spaces...

The only option I have is triggering... But thats something I don't know. :(

pantrygirl

Reaction score
Unit production with waves

this is similar to the post but i couldn't find anything closer. i want waves to repeat and i can set the time between each wave so its spaced out, but i want to have different units for different waves. wave1 -7 miymirdons and one seawitch then wave2 -12 murgul and 12 sirens. both waves require different units alltogether. what im having trouble with is the building slot. my guess was to set a condition for say after wave1 build 12 sirens or murgul <= 4 build 7 mymirdons. either way im baffled if anyone has experience with this i would be most grateful.

thank you for your time

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.