All abilities activated at once. Why?

Shredder

Reaction score
Hi!
I have a similar problem as this guy, but mine isn't about channel, it's about summoning. I have 3 summon abilities and they are all based on Summon Lavaspawn. When I use on of them, all three is activated. This could be fun to summon a lot of units but this drains massive mana. How do I make only one ability to activate?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Well first of all, all abilities have an order string. If you have 2 abilities with the same order string, they will both cast when you cast one of them. You need to base each of your abilities off a different summoning ability that does not have the same order string.

I'm actually having a problem with this as well, because I'm basing two abilities on two different summoning abilities, but I'm still getting this problem.

Conal

Reaction score
Each spell needs to be based off a different base ID. You need to find a different summoning spell to work off of to prevent the problem. Channel is a great spell because it has a field where it lets you set the ID. For summoning purposes, however, you'd have to trigger the unit creation when using channel.

Shredder

Reaction score
But how do I make the spell appare to use by a hero. I've added the spell to my custom hero and he can learn it by pressing the red '+'. But when I return to the "main icons" the spell isn't there.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
The Channel spell has a field where you can set the visibility of the spell. I can't remember the exact name. You should check out a Channel tutorial :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.