garion992

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
if you use fotoshop
the white pixels are visible and the black not
Make sure you save it to 32 bit compresion TGA, then convert to BLP and import

DoubleDraGoN

Reaction score
can i do this in IRviewfan, and keep it as a tga file, im still confused of what alpha channels are, white+black pixels?

garion992

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
hmm i dont use IRviewfan, an Alpha Channel is just an extra layer over your image. If you make the layer 100% white it will show everything. If it's 100% black itwill show nothing.

Uberplayer: wc3 icons are 24-bit pictures
-> i thought if you want to save alpha channels you need to use 32 bits if you use Image Extractor to convert, maybe i am wrong.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
Alpha Channel: In graphics, a portion of each pixel’s data that is reserved for transparency information. 32-bit graphics systems contain four channels three 8-bit channels for red, green, and blue (RGB) and one 8-bit alpha channel. The alpha channel is really a mask that specifies how the pixel’s colors should be merged with another pixel when the two are overlaid, one on top of the other. An alpha channel is necessary for overlaying a graphic on top of another video or graphic source.
- http://www.channelstorm.com/Manual/Data/GL00/GL00.htm

Alpha Channel - Designed for creating depth in computer graphics, an alpha channel works like a key, choosing the opacity of all pixels in the image.
- http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/clubs/sbutv/glossary.htm

Information attached to each pixel that represents how that pixel is to be blended with background.
- www.digitalpostproduction.com/Htm/Features/DigitalVideoGlossary.htm

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.