An interesting problem

Oronuke

Reaction score
Well, I find that I have an abundance of ideas every day for a map, ranging from easy to make to extremely difficult and beyond my ability. Still, even if I start on the map I am discouraged soon enough and ended up only waisting a day or even a week. I think I have the capability to make a good map, but theres two main things that ruin it for me.

1) I can't host and I've looked at tons of tutorials and stuff that say how to reroute your port but it doesnt work for me. If I could get a detailed one that actually worked, then I'd be more likely to dedicate time.

2) I wouldn't call it procrastination necessarily because I do put in 110% yet the second I find myself in a mental block or at a triggering problem I usually quit there.

For the second problem I figured maybe some experienced map makers on this forum could give me some advice on how to stick with the idea and produce a fine game. Any advice will be appreciated, so thanks in advance.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
1. Do you have both a router and a modem for your internet? If so, you may have to configure both. Happened to me.

2. Well, if you want some advice... plan out your map in detail before you even open the editor. If you know exactly what you want before you start, you're much more likely to finish. That way, if you hit a block you can go and do something else for a while, and maybe get some help from this site as to how to tackle that problem.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
#2 Usually you can ask on forums like this for help and ideas. When you hit a mental block, just save the map and let it sit in your mind over night. Sometimes you will just wake up with a nice idea.

I find the same problem as you sometimes with the whole mental block issue. Sometimes I can get a lot done in a short amount of time because I'm focused and driven. But sometimes it takes me an hour just to make 4 abilities and I spend my time blankly looking at the screen or surfing the web because I cant think. :banghead:

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, I find that I have an abundance of ideas every day for a map, ranging from easy to make to extremely difficult and beyond my ability. Still, even if I start on the map I am discouraged soon enough and ended up only waisting a day or even a week. I think I have the capability to make a good map, but theres two main things that ruin it for me.

happens to me and i'm sure it happens to everyone (or most people at least). What I usually do is push myself to figure out something or just progress on the map for like 15-30 minutes (sometimes up to an hour) then go and take a break from the computer for equal or greater time.

Idk everyones different but that works for me. =)

NotTheHelper

Yeah, its under your bed.
Reaction score
If you get stuck on a trigger, make it yourself and then post it up here and ppl will look at it and help you, and whiel waiting for the reply, work on units or play with terrani or stuff...when i get a mental block i go and terrain sum random thing b/c i get bored and then i go back and work on my map when i get an answer from here. Also, take your time...I am working on my td which i have been working on for like 1 and a 1/2 months, and well its coming along good. Just be patient and if you have any problems post it here and we can help you find a solution.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.