[Andrewgosus problem section]

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I' m useing the chance to ask you are doing some kind of new map or what ? Triggers about jal ?! Interesting where do you use them. And is this topic gone to new map problems beacause I don' t see how these triggers relate to Battle for Victory: I series. I' m lost in chat :banghead:

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Hmm, it seems that after I made the skill hero ability and gave it 5 levels, it disables. It works fine when it level 1, but after the hero learn level 2 or more, the aura disables for some wierd reason.

Reaction score
Did you set
Data - Attack damage increase : <number>
Data - Meele Bonus : True
Data - Ranged Bonus : True
Stats - Area of Effect : <number>
Stats - Target Allowed : Air,Ground,Self,Friend,Vulnerable,Invlunerable

If it aint working, base it off Command aura.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Another problem:

Code:
Decloak
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Warden
    Actions
        Unit - Remove Ghost from (Triggering unit)

When my unit is out of mana, the immolation dissapears, but the ghost ability isnt removed. Whats wrong? I have tackled a bit with this and havent find it out yet.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Your problem is that when you have it where its a targeted action with no point it doesn't count things that happen auto. Just liek you can't deetect critical strike. Well, im pretty sure thats whats up.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
yea, but it works and isn't that what matters? Because if the unit has that mana they have to stop casting the immolation and if they have that much without immolation i wont do anything.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Another problem, this time with a trigger:

Code:
SetCreeps
    Events
        Unit - A unit Gains a level
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Leveling Hero)) Equal to Paladin
    Actions
        Set Creeps = (Units owned by Neutral Hostile)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Creeps and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) x 1.25)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Creeps)

I think I have done everything correctly, but it still doesnt work. Any help would be appriciated.

Still looking answer for problems above.

thanks in advance.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Code:
Skills
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 3.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 1 rows, titled |c00ffcc00Skills|r
        Set Multiboard[2] = (Last created multiboard)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to |c00ffcc00Skill|r
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to (String(Experience[1]))
        Multiboard - Show Multiboard[2]

Code:
Mining
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Mining 
    Actions
        Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players matching ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to (Matching player)))
        Wait (Random real number between 1.00 and 3.00) seconds
        Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players matching ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to (Matching player)))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Destructible-type of (Target destructible of ability being cast)) Equal to Tin
            Then - Actions
                Set Experience[1] = (Experience[1] + 25)
                Hero - Create Tin Ore and give it to (Casting unit)
                [B]Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard[2] item in column 2, row 1 to (String((Real(Experience[1]))))[/B]
            Else - Actions

The initial value of experience[1] is 0. The trigger must update the value, but it still stays at 0. Any help is appriciated.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Andrewgosu you suprise me so much. I look like you know all but still dosn' t :p
Oh beacause you are advanced in triggering I don' t have to give triggers just suggestions what to do. First you don' t need that all conditions are true, there is only one :p so use ability comparison. Now first thing what you have to do is storing casting unit into variable. Ok as I read your post and make conclusion I' m speaking about whole other thing then does your multiboard refresh ? If that value is stored in variable what is shown in multiboard.
EDIT: Ok I read it second time and if that thing isn' t updateing itself then add just a display message what says: " It works !" if that message dosn' t show up then something is wrong with your conditions and I suspect that waiting in between actions erases the destructible type from memory so you have to store destructible type into variable at start of actions. Or just move that action in front of all so bo worries. Does it matter when he gets that 3 secs befoee or later :p And when you try to make any trigger what uses wait in it sore all data aka values into right variables and operate with them after trigger is fired destroy info in these variables- called destroying memory leaks. Looks like after 10 min mining these guys die in lag :p

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
This is for a test purpose. The trigger itself works and I need to add more conditions. Thats why the and conditons are true part. The casting unit doesnt get lost. He still gets the item shown in red, meaing the trigger works. Only the multiboard part doesnt show up. And this trigger doesnt leak either.

EDIT: The 1-3 secs is crucial. As the level increases, you are able to mine more advanced rocks. The waiting time increases too.

Code:
Skills
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 3.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 1 rows, titled |c00ffcc00Skills|r
        Set Multiboard[2] = (Last created multiboard)
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to |c00ffcc00Skill|r
        Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to (String(Experience[1]))
        Multiboard - Show Multiboard[2]

Code:
Mining
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
    (Ability being cast) Equal to Mining 
    Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        Conditions
            (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Paladin
            (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Archmage
    Actions
        Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players matching ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to (Matching player)))
        Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players matching ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to (Matching player)))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Destructible-type of (Target destructible of ability being cast)) Equal to Tin
            Then - Actions
                [COLOR=Red]Hero - Create Tin Ore and give it to (Casting unit)[/COLOR]
                [B]Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard[2] item in column 2, row 1 to (String((Real(Experience[1]))))[/B]
            Else - Actions

Maybe the integer isnt just updated?

Fixed the problem.

Code:
Then - Actions
    [B]Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players matching ((Owner of Casting unit) Equal to (Matching player)))
    Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players matching ((Owner of Casting unit) Equal to (Matching player)))[/B]
    Hero - Create Tin Ore and give it to Casting unit
    Multiboard - Set the text for Multiboard[2] item in column 2, row 3 to (String((Real(Experience[1]))))

Had to move it all to the action part.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
How can I detect if a unit is moving, how long it has moved and when it stops?
Code:
Trying
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    Conditions
        (String((Issued order))) Equal to move
    Actions

?

Just cant figure this out.

Pahl

Reaction score
(String((Issued order))) Equal to move
Add "smart" order to that too, cause thats the order right-clicking gives.

How can I detect if a unit is moving, how long it has moved and when it stops?
My guess would be to have a trigger that creates points when a unit gets ordered to move and one when he stops. Then mesure the distance between them and add to a global.
If you want it to work before he stops, just make a timer and create points all the time(like every 0.1 or something )+ add to global. create new point and mesure distance to last one.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I have no experince with AI editor, so here is the question. How can I make a unit follow a certain hero. If the hero is attacked, it will help the hero if not, the unit will just follow the hero? Similar like emjir's hero arena, where the infernal follows the hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.