Reaction score
War of the Critters!

War of the Critters

Units: |-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-| 25 % Done
Terrain: |-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-| 55 % Done
Triggers: |-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-| 40% Done
JASS Spells: |-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-| 0 % Done
Computer AI: |-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-| 15 % Done

OVERALL: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 27% Done (Each |= 2 %) This is not some random guess of overall completion, mathematically it is 27% done.

What is it?

War of the Critters is a game I came up with while playing Dark_Master-S's Life Of A Troll. (Not to be confused with Life of a Peasant, for it is in no way like it.) In War of the Critters, you have the choice to be the cute, but dangerous Animals of Doom, or the Eval Humans. You will then seperate and build up your forces. With tons of different buildings, units, and special features, this map will keep you playing for hours!

Why did you make War of the Critters?

I created War of the Critters for one simple reason. No maps like this have ever been created that I like. So, I decided to take it upon my self to create one that I like.

What are these "special features" of which you speak?

Well, there are many. One of them is the Honor system. Honor is gained from killing evil or unholy enemies. Dread is gained from slaughtering repected, sometimes holy, people. (Lumber is also gained with either one of these) Honor is used to create "Havens" which, in a way, are like guilds. Dread can also create Havens, but they are used for darker Havens. Guilds can benefit your base in many ways. I won't give all of them away, but a few of them are: Explorers Haven(Honor), Fighters Haven(Dread), Asassin's Haven(Dread), and Masons Haven(Honor). Dread and Honor can also be spent in ways that will be kept secret until release. :) There are also JASS spells which will be used by Computer AI controled creeps which roam the map!

What about the terrain?

I am trying to make the terrain as visually appealing as posssible. There will be much eye candy to look at, as you slaughter your enemies. :rolleyes:

When do you intend for this to come out as Beta?

I am hoping to get this map out and ready for testing by the end of February.

Can I test it?

Sure, just whisper me on Warcraft. I am usually on Legolas_Strong or GeneralMongoose.

Can I help you with War of the Critters?

Sure! Just give me as many ideas as you can. I need your help to make this happen!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrain:

Here is where I will post pictures of the terrain and eye candy. Keep looking for updates!

-The Great Globber allows no one in his woods. Be prepared if you wish to fight him.

-The Globber's Woods. Can you spot something Globber did? (HINT: Its behind a tree!)

-The Globber in action! Will those poor chickens escape!?

-The Current Terain. (55%)
animalwarsss8cy6.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Units:

Here I will post pictures of units and their descriptions. Come back everyday, there may be more!

Special Features:

animalwarsss9je7.png

animalwarsss10yh4.png

Gameplay:
(Please click the images.)

Disclaimer:

Legolas_Strong is NOT responsible for the death of humans or animals which take place on his terrain. It is the sole responsiblity of the leader to look after them.

Remember, I need your help to get this map done. Give me as many ideas as you can, and those profficent in JASS, please post here! I am not that good with JASS, and can't make great JASS Spells.

Please note this is an EXACT copy from Clan MTPe forums, which I am not sure if I am aloud to post a link to here. (Some things may turn up different than I had hoped.)

C

Corkysmurf

Hopefully you are going to use custom models... as in GMax... or whatever.
I can't seem to load your image of THE GREAT GLOBBER, so you might wanna fix that. As well, you seem to know what you're doing, so im guessing it wont be half as bad as when I tried to make an animal wars... i wasnt that good 4 years ago... I think. :) So good luck, and try making really cool models on GMax.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Progress bar....so hard to see.....teal is a light color and it isn't really good for these young eyes of mine (I don't want glasses~:p!). Sounds good, never played Life of a Troll but I've seen it.

Ideas eh? Can't think of any. What do you really want help with. Ideas can't really go into my mind very well. I need things specific, you know what I mean :p? I'd love to contribute, but I need more information of what kind of help you need. I'm up for unit ideas, or anything dealing with the Object Editor.

Turnip

Reaction score
Added another view of Globber's woods. Incase that didn't work for some odd reason, I edited my above post with another direct link.

Turnip

Reaction score
Well, there aren't any bosses. It is like 20 % like an altered melee map. But, if you defeat Globber, you have the choice of killing him, or spending your honor for him to fight for you.

Linkoln

Reaction score
hey there,

I really like the way you presented your project, one of the best ive seen on this site so far. You kept it short, made things clear, your "havens" are specific in its general use but not in its actual abilities, so you get the point while you keep guessing, very well done, now back to the topic.

my questions are,
-Whats the feature that keeps people comming back? Like if you win you get somthing?
-How will the alliance system go?
-Will there be heroes?

sounds good so far, keep up the work and updates.

Turnip

Reaction score
hey there,

I really like the way you presented your project, one of the best ive seen on this site so far. You kept it short, made things clear, your "havens" are specific in its general use but not in its actual abilities, so you get the point while you keep guessing, very well done, now back to the topic.

my questions are,
-Whats the feature that keeps people comming back? Like if you win you get somthing?
-How will the alliance system go?
-Will there be heroes?

sounds good so far, keep up the work and updates.

First off, thanks for the compliment. :) Now, to answer your question.

1. I have an idea, which may be something like a save/load system. So, when you get what ever trains your hero (Haven't Decided Whats It Named Yet), you can spend your games training him, while conquering your enemies. Maybe I will decide to add more things that will have people wanting to play again.

2. The alliance system is currently undecided, I will post back later with more information.

3. See Above. (Question 1)

And the new Demon I added will be the most powerful creep in the game, and will be very difficult to defeat. If you do, and you have enough dread, you could force him to serve you.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Oh and you forgot to answer this:

Thanatos_820 said:
Ideas eh? Can't think of any. What do you really want help with. Ideas can't really go into my mind very well. I need things specific, you know what I mean ? I'd love to contribute, but I need more information of what kind of help you need. I'm up for unit ideas, or anything dealing with the Object Editor.

Turnip

Reaction score
Hm. Well I need some ideas on what should use Honor points, and what should use Dread points. And what should give Honor points, etc.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Hm. Well I need some ideas on what should use Honor points, and what should use Dread points. And what should give Honor points, etc.

Honor Points should be used for, well anything :D. Items, Units, Heroes?
Dread Points must be lumber I presume. That should be used to hire Demonic units by judging the information.

Turnip

Reaction score
Well, lumber is the main resource for building your base. I am probably just going to use multiboards and varibles to show Honor and Dread now.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Well, lumber is the main resource for building your base. I am probably just going to use multiboards and varibles to show Honor and Dread now.

Yeah, I agree. Gold and Lumber should stay, then add Honor and Dread as new resources. Going to be hard to trigger them because you have to make the leaderboards have to disable the player from buying evil or good things. Now that I have a better veiw of them:

Honor:
-Should be used for items, stuctures, and units that are considered to be dealing with anything good.
-Should enable the player to change most of their units into pure goodness.

Dread:
-Should be used for items, stuctures, and units that are considered to be dealing with anything evil.
-Should enable the player to change most of their units into evil doers.

Turnip

Reaction score
Good ideas. Have any ideas for specific good/bad things? UPDATE. The terrain is 55 percent complete!

Turnip

Reaction score
Important Update!

New Update!

-The official name is now War of the Critters!
-A picture of the entire map has been added.
-New units with descriptions are being added to original post soon!
-The map will soon be ready for Alpha testing, so post here if you would like to try it out!

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Good ideas. Have any ideas for specific good/bad things? UPDATE. The terrain is 55 percent complete!

Maybe add some sections with good and evil areas, depending if you are using one of the 2 coins, they will react as either hostile of alied. Maybe add a Honor and Dread base that will have wars when a few minutes have passed.

New Update!

-The official name is now War of the Critters!
-A picture of the entire map has been added.
-New units with descriptions are being added to original post soon!
-The map will soon be ready for Alpha testing, so post here if you would like to try it out!

I'm testing, definately. This project was quick for you, already on Alpha, now going to Beta~!

The map terrain looks good, what size dimensions is it right now?

Turnip

Reaction score
Coming Out Sooner Than Expected!

Well, instead of playing Warcraft, I've spent the time I spend playing Warcraft making the map. It's getting done much quicker than I thought it would be.

The playable map size is 116x116, but may be increased later. And the honor and dread has been changed. Instead of gaining Honor/Dread by Silencing/Slaughtering enemies, you get it for honor for killing evil units, and dread for killing respected, or holy, units.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Well, instead of playing Warcraft, I've spent the time I spend playing Warcraft making the map. It's getting done much quicker than I thought it would be.

The playable map size is 116x116, but may be increased later. And the honor and dread has been changed. Instead of gaining Honor/Dread by Silencing/Slaughtering enemies, you get it for honor for killing evil units, and dread for killing respected, or holy, units.

What about sparing your enemies? That changed too?

Oh and how many races are there? Like Wolves, Chicken, Whatchamacalilits, ect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.