Arena Anime Arena

misterotaku

Reaction score
bannah.jpg

(better names are welcomed)

Anime Arena
Well this map basically started out as a whim that me and my friend decided to do, just to get our pals to stop playing dota for a bit. Seeing as how almost everyone in our group read/watched some kind of manga and anime, we decided to do this anime themed (big surprise :p). However because we were inexperienced, the project was eventually shut down. Nevertheless, after playing countless anime wc3 maps with major faults, I wanted to continue with this one, so now with my new friend Sonic95… its back.

FEATURES
* Gods view camera, so you can target your enemies better (since some spells have high range)
* All Heroes are set to size 0.7 so that it will give a sort of “it’s a big world” effect (size differs depending on how the big the models were originally) Although this is nothing special, I think it gives a nice touch
* Custom models, almost all resemble the character 100% and are very exclusive (I could give screenies but it’s not the most important thing right now) all below 150kb, VERY few will be above that line
* Custom Icons made by me (not the best, but still good, very few will be CnP icons)
* Spells to made look like the anime(s), we want to keep the spells somewhat simple but still keeping in mind that it must resemble the anime, we just don’t want it to be SO epic that it starts lagging
* Tavern, although it’s currently different, I believe it will soon be changed to a tavern hero select. Reason for change is so that it is beneficial to people who do not know much about the anime since they can read the descriptions and get an overall idea of the character they will be playing.
* The master will be able to control the creep spawn rate, so if the creeps are too high you can slow down how fast they respawn, or if you wish to get more gold, you simply increase the rate.
* Anti-camp towers will be installed in each base so heroes will not be able to infiltrate enemy ‘headquarters :p’, I actually wanted it to be something like you get pushed out but… we will see
* Mini Boss, as seen in many hero arenas, mini bosses will appear from time to time to test your strength, if you beat it, obviously you will get a reward (either gain gold, item, or stat boost), but if you don’t… punishment awaits *snickers*

Well I am hoping this game to have various objectives, hopefully there will be 3. (voting for which one happens in the beginning)
1) The basic “whichever team gets up to X kills wins”
2) Find the Dragon Balls, this is a bit of searching and capture the flag, and whoever gets all 7 D-Balls into their base and keeps them for 2 minutes wins. Towers in the base/pushing out system (basically the things that keep enemies away from your base) will be turned off
3) VIP (thanks to jonadrian for giving me the idea), In this mode, a random person in each team will be the VIP (shown by special VIP flag that will be attached). The game will officially begin when all players have chosen their heroes and you will spawn at your teams base. You can either choose to assasinate the VIP or Capture him and drag him to your base. If you kill the VIP your team will get 250 points, however if you are able to succesfully drag your opponent's VIP to your base you will get 500 points. The game will end after X minutes (chosen by master) and the team with the most points, wins.

NOTE TO TRIGGERERS FOR THIS MODE: i was thinking, when the VIP is captured, if you press on a button (esc) fast enough you will be able to escape and earn your team 50 points.

HOW IT WORKS : When you (the VIP) are captured, a red bar with a green tip will appear somewhere on your screen. The more you press the esc button, the more the green tip will grow, and when it eventually overtakes the red, you escape. If this sounds too complicated i understand *since i have not seen this system in other maps* just thought that it might be cool.

This is supposed to be a fast paced game with very quick hero revival, (where ultimate’s can almost always kill heroes, however have long cool downs) Although this may change depending on what people want to a more strategy type of thing where it is harder to kill people + weaker spells.

There will be a variety of heroes to choose from; from a variety of anime shows (the first version will hold 10-12 characters) … So far, the anime’s that will be featured here are

Naruto, Bleach, One piece, Fate/Stay Night, Katekyoushi Hitman reborn, Final Fantasy and Dragon Ball.

Please keep in mind this is only the first version, we will be focusing more on variety from different animes then anything else so… there will be a limit on how many characters there can be for each anime show (3-4)

WHAT WE NEED HELP WITH

2d work is already covered by me (loading screen done, spell icons 30-40% done)
3d my friend (not Sonic95)

So what we need help with is triggers. We need someone who is quite experienced and can create leak less (or at least close to) GUI triggers for the spells and/or gameplay stuff. He/she won’t need to know a lot about anime, but is willing to actually work with anime related things and make it as good as possible (good = resembling anime)

Also, anyone who can help give ideas and anything of the sort to make this game original would be great. Ideas + suggestions are always welcomed with open arms!

UPDATE :
Introducing the 3rd game mode
New Banner

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
If I helped you triggering spells I would use vJass, but I'd need the info for the spells and detailed descriptions. I am not good at ideas, just to tell you.

SkateuUp

Reaction score
Sounds like a good arena but i rrrreaaaly dislike 1 hit kill ultimates like in bleach vs one piece

misterotaku

Reaction score
Renendaru : could you help with triggers? and just so i know since i am not familiar with JASS and all that, if you made the spells would i be able to transfer the triggers without using the vJass WE? or would i have to download it? And GUI is still possible with the vJass WE rite? since my friend only knows GUI

SkateuUp : hmm well i am actually caught in between the two, since the reviving for this map is like only 5 - 10 seconds and my friends like that sort of PWNAGE 1 hit thing :p, well... i am still unsure so i wanna see what other people say first.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
You can have a look at this thread. It's the Wc3 Anime Resource Consortium, and I run the thread. Every single Wc3 anime model in the internet (I think) is located here.

I'm no longer a Wc3 map maker, but I offer and share my ideas with others who need them, and so I'll add another objective in your game.

Capture the Captain
- Don't take it literally. In this game mode, a random player will be the Captain of the team. If the team Captain is killed by the other team, the player gets a score, and a new round begins, and the players go back to their bases. The team with the highest score after the set amount of time (set by the master at the beginning) wins the game. However, if the team Captain is killed by some miniboss or creep, then a new round will start, as well as a new captain.
- The captain is completely tinted in Red hue and has +1500 Hit Points and a bit of scaling value, to make him easy to distinguish from the other players and to make it fair, since he's the Captain that is being targeted by all the enemy players. His attacks have 100% Lifesteal (more would be considered imbalanced).

And if you want, I'll create the map preview.

misterotaku

Reaction score
Capture the captain sounds cool :O,
Maybe each player can have like a "Capture" spell and then they can actually 'drag' the captains into their base for extra points :p
Well anyways, if the captain gets killed by a hero, when the new round begins, is it the same captain or diffrent?

And if you could make the map preview, that would be great :D
(the anime models wont be needed since i already have them all XP)

Renendaru

Reaction score
Newgen is a must for any map maker, whether you are terraining or just using GUI, it's helpful for just about anyone. And no, I would be using vJass and that requires NewGen.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You can have a look at this thread. It's the Wc3 Anime Resource Consortium, and I run the thread. Every single Wc3 anime model in the internet (I think) is located here.

I'm no longer a Wc3 map maker, but I offer and share my ideas with others who need them, and so I'll add another objective in your game.

Capture the Captain
- Don't take it literally. In this game mode, a random player will be the Captain of the team. If the team Captain is killed by the other team, the player gets a score, and a new round begins, and the players go back to their bases. The team with the highest score after the set amount of time (set by the master at the beginning) wins the game. However, if the team Captain is killed by some miniboss or creep, then a new round will start, as well as a new captain.
- The captain is completely tinted in Red hue and has +1500 Hit Points and a bit of scaling value, to make him easy to distinguish from the other players and to make it fair, since he's the Captain that is being targeted by all the enemy players. His attacks have 100% Lifesteal (more would be considered imbalanced).

And if you want, I'll create the map preview.

In other words, assassination, :O

I don't think the captain so be that easily spotted. Just a slight difference should be enough. So you can trick enemies. Like maybe make them tinted red by like an extra 15%, increase health by 1500, 15% larger, and a helmet perhaps, :) Or a flag. Just making him like a LARGE TARGET is too obvious and makes it more of brute force.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Making a map without vJass is like making a new game that only works on windows 98 and older. Pointless and stupid.

misterotaku

Reaction score
Renendaru: I see,so would/when will you start helping out with triggers? (already downloaded NewGen)

Thewrongvine : I think a nice flag would do :D

Ghostwind : well i know plenty of good maps that work just with GUI :p but ya since JASS can do more things, it probably would be better XD

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, all I can do for you is do things you tell me. As I posted earlier, I'd need info on what you want done.

misterotaku

Reaction score
O, ok thats great

Do you by any chance have anything like MSN or Skype? since its much easier to communicate that way.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, I have Skype. I'll add you if you tell me your skype.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I tried to add you, but you're seen as offline. Yahoo is hotmail right?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.