anti map hack

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
It must have changed because those used to not work. sorry.

Reaction score
Well, I have done some further research.

1. You can detect selection that occurs in fog due to maphacks.

2. There was an anti-maphack DotA I found that appeared promising. After further investigation, however, it generated many false positives and did not seem to detect active maphacks.

3. No combination of fog based functions seemed to generate a non-standard result while a maphack was active.

4. It may be possible to develop a highly effective heuristic detection system based on mouse and camera actions.

To conclude, there is no fool proof way to detect active maphacks. It seems, all methods can be circumvented by an aware player.

I think the best thing to do would be to add triggers to detect unit selection in fog, and work on a system to detect players who constantly hover their cameras over fogged units. Instead of making the map hack detection explicit, detected players should incur unnoticeable negative penalties like slightly reduced income, increased damage taken, chance to ignore issued orders or lag/disconnection.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
I KNOW HOW TO FIX! THE ANTI MAP HACK THING

what you do is if your making a dota is creating a variable
assign variable to ur hero

and here it is

dribble

Events
Unit - A unit comes within 800.00 of variable <gen>
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Turn off No map hack

no map hack

Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
and so on
Conditions
selected unit Equal to Bad to click me
Actions
Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: You hacker

only prob me no have idea of turning back on :(

just make it to be a bit farhter than ur line of sight tada

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Uh, No it would work ONCE at the most then MHers would stop clicking those units.. and you can't force click because warcraft 3 detects you clicking up something in the fog if a trigger makes you do it.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Uh, No it would work ONCE at the most then MHers would stop clicking those units.. and you can't force click because warcraft 3 detects you clicking up something in the fog if a trigger makes you do it.

ok but what if there is no force select trigger?
hmm??

but what if there easter eggs or somthing else

you see my triger may be good for that

Z

Zouflain

why not have 3 units (of different types) in a triangle around a MH detector unit. Have the detector unit have vision 0, and the others vision so low that they cannot possibly see the MH detector. In order to "join the game" players must select all three units simultaneously. TO facilitate this, just have a selection event trigger check how many units are in units selected by player. If it's one, then deselect it, if it's 3, then the player "passes" the MH test and can play. Obviously if you're hacking, there is no way to select those three units at once without selecting the fourth one in the middle.

Reaction score
I KNOW HOW TO FIX! THE ANTI MAP HACK THING

what you do is if your making a dota is creating a variable
assign variable to ur hero

and here it is

dribble

Events
Unit - A unit comes within 800.00 of variable <gen>
Conditions
Actions
Trigger - Turn off No map hack
no map hack
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
Player - Player 2 (Blue) Selects a unit
Player - Player 3 (Teal) Selects a unit
Player - Player 4 (Purple) Selects a unit
and so on
Conditions
selected unit Equal to Bad to click me
Actions
Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: You hacker
only prob me no have idea of turning back on :(

just make it to be a bit farhter than ur line of sight tada

How on earth is this meant to work at all?

The simplest method would be to detect unit selection, and check if the unit being selected is visible to the selecting player. If it isn't, then that player is maphacking. Its an incredibly bad method though, because people will just turn the select unit option off.

why not have 3 units (of different types) in a triangle around a MH detector unit. Have the detector unit have vision 0, and the others vision so low that they cannot possibly see the MH detector. In order to "join the game" players must select all three units simultaneously. TO facilitate this, just have a selection event trigger check how many units are in units selected by player. If it's one, then deselect it, if it's 3, then the player "passes" the MH test and can play. Obviously if you're hacking, there is no way to select those three units at once without selecting the fourth one in the middle.

The solution is to either:

1. Turn maphacks off, pass test, then turn them on
or
2. Disable select unit option.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
maybe ill just forget about it, anti-mh isn't really that important anyway unless someone discovers a really good way.

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
make a game that it really doesn't matter in, so that they dont get an advatnage anyways. :p

T]i[T]a[N

Reaction score
yea thats the model corruption system i was talking about, i don't want it to crash the player. i just want to warn them.

EDIT: i did some tests... and i found something interesting.. i used an enemy footman with perm invis and then i had a human priest.

without the maphack, you cant see the footman. when i clicked heal, and i clicked the footman, it said "Cannot target enemy units"

..wait..but if you cant see it, it should say "must target a unit"

maybe this can be turned into an anti mh somehow?

umm I dont know about that, but you could have a high damage unit and then an invisible enemy unit right by the high damage unit. if you have maphack and can see the invisible unit and your high damage unit kills the invisible unit have the player using maphack defeated, and display a message to all players saying that player used maphack :) just an idea.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
yeah i was just thinking the same thing as T]i[T]a[N, cant you use something autoattack related? Like placing one locust unit with autoattack for each player pretty nearby an insisible unit standing in fog of war. If the unit is attacked = do whatever to owner of attacking unit.
temp.jpg

something like that.

NationCreati

Reaction score
[Area removed due to arrogance]

But, map hack has a ton of bugs and vulnerabilities. A particle that emits globally is a common method, in fact that's the same way Dota blocks map hackers I believe. Particles that emit at a incredible rate could also crash wc3.

Reaction score
Maphack just hides the fog. Wc3 triggers WILL NOT DETECT when a player selects a unit which is normally hidden fog. There is NO jass trigger that can detect any type of maphack features; AT ALL.

That means the world editer is worthless for detecting/kicking a map hacker.

This is wrong. There is no way to detect maphack running, but the selection feature can definitely be detected with a "Selection Event" trigger. Try it yourself.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
you could use a corrupted model

they make the game crash when ANY player sees it
(i can give you one if you want(
tho likely it may make the game crash for every body))

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Exactly what does maphack do? Does it just disable the black mask?

If so, then couldn't you just periodically check to see if a particular point is ever visible to a player, and if so, then defeat the player?

The "checking point" would have to be carefully positioned with pathing blockers, terrain features, and countermeasures for FarSight and Blink and whatnot. But could that work?

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
aperrently checking if the area is fogged does not work acorrding to the other posts

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.