Armor Question

tork

Reaction score
You know the ability Dragon Blood in Dota that the Dragon Knight has that incease the raw armor of the hero by x amount? i want to do the same for a hero in my game, i know i can use upgrade, but in my game when you look at its armor it say what upgrade that unit has but in dota you cant see the upgrade that unit uses how can i do this?

Hope this make sence

Any Help Will be amazing

+rep for anyone who helps

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
You can add the devotion aura ability with no spell animation and targets set to self only. Then hide it in a spellbook, and have multiple levels of the ability depending on the level of the spell being cast.

Does that solve your problem?

tork

Reaction score
well it will show Green +Bonus on the side and i dont want that i just want the hero's defends to go up when i level the ability

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
You probably have to morph your unit into one with higher armor. Make 2 (or more) of your hero, one with normal armor and the others with higher armor. Then, when the unit uses the ability (base it off of bear form), switch the units using your morphing spell.

Yoshii

Reaction score
how would u also add bonus hp regen like in DotA i would like to know? :[
depend how you want it done; it could range from anything like an ability based on unholy aura, or the item ability life regen that add regin and could be made into a hero ability and not shown.Also not all of us play dota so explain in detail what you want( I dont play dota I played 1 game ever thats it)

tork

Reaction score
hear let me rephrase this.
you know when you have a upgrade that for armor bonus on a unit and in the game you go over the armor icon it shows the upgrade name under the damage reduction
how would i make it so the unit get the armor bonus but when you look over the armor icon it doesn't show the name of the upgrade?

i dont know if it possible but i think it is becuase i have seen it dota but who know how they do thing:p

Yoshii

Reaction score
I knew what you meant I was refering to the regen post.so basically the unit gain armor and its not shown via +armor in green? well it could be the item ability I used that before in my herocraft map; I made a tome based on tome of intelligence and replaced its ability to item armor bonus; so basically it forced my hero to use the book and I gained the stats permanently.
im not 100% sure it was the armor one so ill try myself
after some more thinking I recall that ya it did show 1+armor in green let me think of something else

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
According to this, it uses a copy of the the human Animal War Training upgrade.

Quick testing indicates that it should do exactly what you want.

Edit: Specifically, whether it shows up or not is determined by the 'Class' field on upgrades. 'None' causes it to be hidden.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Create a dummy ability
When you learn the ability
Order dummy building to research a armour upgrade
I hope that helps

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
you can more easily set the level of the upgrade to the level of you ability
EDIT: you can also just make you ability based on unholy aura and use an armor upgrade

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
hes trying to say he doesnt want armor upgrade
he wants the ability [or anything] not seen if it has any upgrades

Edit*
the only ability that increses main armor is spikedcarapace from neruibian assasin i suggest making a other ability for the regenate
make it inviseble in hidden spell book for the second ability
you can use unholy aura [rege in %]
otherwise u need the item ability regenerate [ring of regenation]

tork

Reaction score
According to this, it uses a copy of the the human Animal War Training upgrade.

Quick testing indicates that it should do exactly what you want.

Edit: Specifically, whether it shows up or not is determined by the 'Class' field on upgrades. 'None' causes it to be hidden.

Thank you Very much this works +rep
and +rep to everyone who help

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.