System Assistance System 1.20

Discussion in 'Systems and Snippets' started by emjlr3, Apr 22, 2008.

1. emjlr3

emjlr3 Change can be a good thing Staff Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    moved , poke me if you disagree

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matrix

Matrix New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    +rep

3. emjlr3

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    ty

• Like Like x 1
  4. Komaqtion

Komaqtion You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +469 / 0 / -0
    I need help with your system and how to import it :S I've imported you assistance trigger but the other player thing, where shouöd i import that to a trigger or what ? because when i just import everything to a trigger, i get an error in NEWGEN that say like "Outside function" or something in the Color trigger and then i get a thing with the library in the other trigger plzease help!

5. saif3r

saif3r Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    emjlr3, what u think about alliance add?
    like:
    [Horde] saif3r the Paladin killed [Alliance] emjlr3 the Blizz Sorc ...
    can u give me a clue how to made it ?
    cuz in my map i got two sides, ally and horde which fighting against each other
    btw, its a pretty nice system, just what i wanted ^^ thanks.

6. Knif3Point

Knif3Point New Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    IT wont work for me =[

i start the map in "Local" and it kicks me back to the main screen wen i try it..
    so i tried going through WE and it just takes me to the main menu =[

ANY IDEAS?

7. TheDamien

TheDamien _

Ratings:
    +332 / 0 / -0
    You're probably not saving your map properly. Make sure you use the File > Save (Ctrl+S) command before testing your map, otherwise it will save in an incomplete state and will need to be resaved.

8. saif3r

saif3r Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it doesnt work, when i try to run ur map, it returns to 'chose map' screen, when i paste it to my map, editor finding many errors. how to fix it ? : <

9. saif3r

saif3r Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how exactly to register a unit ?
    i tried:AssistanceSystem_Register(paladin)
    but i got suntax error while saving...

//sorry for double post, it wasnt with premeditation.

10. emjlr3

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    is paladin a globa, a local, or something made up?

11. saif3r

saif3r Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    maybe ill ask in different way, what sould i put instead ot "paladin"? point-value of hero?

12. emjlr3

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    what is your hero stored as?

13. saif3r

saif3r Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i dont understand... those are default heroes of game. can't i use point value of heroes ?

14. quraji

quraji zap

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    Only tested it for a second, but cool..useful.

One thing though...the messages are lame. What I would do is make it easy for users to customize their own messages, maybe in an array so a random message can be picked.

Ex:

Code:
    // %kp = killing player
    // %dp = dying player
    // %ap = assisting player
    // and so on..

// users make their own messages...
    kill_messages_assist[0] = "%kp has slaughtered %dp with the help of %ap."
    kill_messages_noassist[0] = "%dp died at %kp's feet."

Other than that, there's not much to the system (not a bad thing necessarily). It seems to work, so that's it :thup:

Now that I'm thinking about this, I may do something similar. Not to trump yours of course :p

15. emjlr3

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    this is an assistance system not a hero killer announcer

16. quraji

quraji zap

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    Well...you're displaying hero kill messages, so in a way it is..

Currently, without editing your system, it becomes unusable if I don't want those particular messages or none at all.

Works well for what it does, but it has limited functionality and customization and thus, less application. I think you mentioned that you made it for yourself, which is fine, but I would change it if I were to release it (and felt like spending a bit more time on it). Just my two cents.

Also: Your test map doesn't compile (in my version of NewGen...not sure if there's a new one). In the library declaration, there's a comma that shouldn't be there.

17. emjlr3

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    check the main trigger, or one of them, which is what is showing hero kills (just seeing osmething for assists would be stupid w/o knowing a hero has died), I am pretty sure that is explained somewhere

Vex decided to change the syntax a few releases ago, this hasn't been updated to comply

how would you change the assistance message - I feel its optimal, anyone who needs different can easily change that within the system - with a few minutes of work

18. quraji

quraji zap

Ratings:
    +143 / 0 / -0
    I only say that because I know there are systems out there that record killing sprees and such, and if I wanted to use this (for assists) and the other, it wouldn't work seamlessly, as there would be messages from both systems on kills/deaths.

Yes, I could edit the message if I wanted, but not everyone can. I just personally like to allow for easy customization :thup:

19. emjlr3

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    no there wouldn't - the system only displays assists - try reading it once

btw- i just looked back at the code, and the message is completely customizable.....

20. k0sA

k0sA New Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    What could I do to use my own trigger to print text, move units, calculate multiboards etc. when a unit dies?