ASUS EN8600GT vs MSI RX2600PRO

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I'm buying a new PC soon, but I simply can't decide between these two Video Cards:
ASUS EN8600GT
MSI RX2600PRO-T2D256EZ
Price is almost the same (MSI is a bit cheaper though) and the specifications seem to be more or less the same.
Any advice? Anything important I'm missing?
I'm having doubts about MSI because I never really used anything they made/assembled, anyone has experience with their products? Then again I've been using Radeon for a long time now, not sure if it's still good now that AMD is in charge.
Also how important is a card's memory exactly?

BTW If it matters - playing games is probably the most I'll do with these cards.

Thanks in advance.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Hmm...i dont know about thse ASUS thingy...but i am using MSI for a long long time until now...Works pretty well for me... -_-

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Before making a decision, go and read some rumors on the next generation of graphics adapters.

Neither card is a gaming monster, as the 128 bit memory bus is limiting overall performance. I went for a Gigabyte GV-NX86T256D (8600GT), as it was the only fan-less card with all-solid capacitors available a few months ago. I didn't intend to play any games, so I chose a card with the best performance/price ratio.

The choice AMD/ATI vs. Nvidia wasn't hard to me: given the lousy quality of AMD/ATI X11-drivers and a personal problem with ATI cards since the Rage 128, I went for the 8600GT and didn't regret it since.

IIRC, Vista performance index was 5.3, the 8600GT being the weakest link.

There's a huge performance gap between the 8600GT(S) and the 8800GTS, take a look at this article... so, if you can spend another $100, it could be worth it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.