Attack animation reset on Spike Trap

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
I'm using a Spike Trap model I found on the Hive.

(http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=88771&page=2)

I'm using it as a creature, because of the nature of my map. The problem is, when it attacks something, the spike continues to piston in and out of the air until the attack cooldown is complete. (Which, in this case, is 10 seconds - so it looks pretty stupid) If the attack KILLS the unit though, it'll retract immediately. I can't figure out why.

Can anybody help me make it work right? I'm sure i'm missing something fairly obvious, I just don't know what. +Rep for an answer.

THE_X

Reaction score
well if you set a units backswing point to much further than a unit is attacking and the unit it is attacking takes the damage and dies, the animation will stop, same thing goes for this model, if you want the animation to fully propel you can either set the animation speed to higher percentage or change the backswing point

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
But if the unit doesn't die, it keeps looping the attack animation. Setting the backswing to a high value won't help that, will it?

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
... I still haven't been able to resolve this problem. Can anybody explain it a little more clearly for me?

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Just a very small and probably sh*t idea but why dont you give the spike trap no pathing, set it so it dose no damage in Combat and make a reigon around it. Then what you do is when a unit walks into the Spikes reigon you activate the traps spring animation and do a loop for 10 seconds and like every 1 second do X amount of damage to all units in that area. If you need a trigger i will give you one... :confused:

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
I can't do it that way, because the player constructs these spike traps. I'd have to do a ton of junk to create regions and crap, and it would turn into a giant, laggy mess really fast.

I'd much rather just set the animation up right.

Nerfpl

Reaction score
You can try
Animation - Play unit animation
Animation - Reset unit animation
unit - pause/unpause

With wait between, equal to atack speed or whatever

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.