Attack - CoolDown Question

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
I didn't see this anywhere..
I am looking for a unit to have a cooldown for their attack to show.. Wether it actually has the timer on the icon like the spells, or shows the number over his head to something like that. I want this because the unit has slowww attack and I want the person to know when it can attack again. I do not want to make a spell that deals damage because i want things like auras or attributes to modify the damage too. Is there a way to do this?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Detect when this unit attacks and create a floating text above its head showing the time remaining before the next attack.

Doing this would require that the unit never changes its attack cooldown.

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
if you have any attack speed changing abilities or items, then no. If you don't then you could do something like set the point-value of each unit to the cooldown of the unit, Then when the unit attacks, set a timer going for each unit going and then create a floating text which updates every 1 seconds for the timer. Not well explained, but hopefully you get the gist.

-=Swift=-

Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand fully, I know how to do the one wher when he attacks trigger but if he uses Items, I don't want to make 50 triggers for all the item combinations and things he could have..

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Attack cooldowns are those types of things that are hard to refer in the World Editor :cool:

Blizzard decided some Object Editor stuff should not be accessible through triggers. Thus I believe there is pretty much nothing you can do about it except tell the player the attack cooldown is very slow.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
What about giving the unit a slow back and front swing instead of slow attack cooldown. Make the back and front swing like 2 seconds, then when the unit starts attacking, create a floating text above the unit saying '2' or something like that.... Not sure it will work nicely though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.