Attack Ground

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm trying to do something that (I think) should be fairly simple, but it's giving me problems. I have a unit Longbowman (based off the Night Elf Glaive Thrower, just some things like model was changed). What I want it to do is every time the longbowman is told to attack a unit, it will be issued the Attack Ground command where the enemy is so unless the player is actively aiming, moving targets will be impossible to hit. Here is the trigger I wrote:
Trigger:
  • Longbowman attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Longbowman
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack Ground (Position of (Triggering unit))

However, it just doesn't work. When I command the longbowman to attack a unit, the Attack Ground command lights up as if it was being used, but the longbowman doesn't fire any arrows. He just stands there, facing the enemy. I can still manually use the Attack Ground command, but that's not quite what I want.

Also, if you can find a way to make it so that after each attack the longbowman will re-aim the Attack Ground (I don't care if it switches targets), then you'll be my hero! :)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
There's an easier way to do what you want and it should work perfectly.

Goto your unit in the Object Editor, look at it's attack data. Set it's attack types to "Siege". That way they only target ground....and are never homing.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Goto your unit in the Object Editor, look at it's attack data. Set it's attack types to "Siege". That way they only target ground....and are never homing.
I think you mean artillery?

Make sure firstly that the unit's Attack Type is set to Artillery... artillery is always fired directly at a target's current location. Make sure to set a damage radius and target types that are affected by it's damage area...

Take a look at a siege unit like the demolisher or glaive thrower and see how it works...

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I think you mean artillery?

Make sure firstly that the unit's Attack Type is set to Artillery... artillery is always fired directly at a target's current location. Make sure to set a damage radius and target types that are affected by it's damage area...

Take a look at a siege unit like the demolisher or glaive thrower and see how it works...
My mistake. You're right. I'm not currently at my comp, so I couldn't check. Thanks for the correction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.