Auto-Cast Searing Arrow

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
I can't seem to make 2 of my auto-cast attack spells work.
I've made a handful of spells based on searing-arrow replacing their missiles but 2 of my spells I want to have special effects I can't seem to add in either the editor or through triggers. I've been searching the forum for answers but I haven't found any.

The 1st spell I'd like to be an auto-casting "lightning-attack" that doesn't use the lightning attack missile when the unit isn't casting, so I want him to have his basic missile when he is out of mana, or when he isn't auto-casting the spell (to conserve mana for other spells)

The 2nd spell I'd like to have an auto-casting "spiderling" effect. Like the cryptfiends boomerang attacks.

The spells themselves just have to add a little bonus damage based on level and remove mana and be auto-cast, preferably on attack.

Both of these I can do by simply adding lightning-attack and spiderling attack in the editor but I do not want them always active, only when the unit casts the ability and I want them to add bonus damage.

I guess if it can't been done I'll just have to make the abilities all passive, but I want them to drain mana so that it is more useful at lower levels.

naughty

Reaction score
the first and main problem is NO UNIT can have 2 spells based on one. you may try adding "Searing arrows" as "Lightning Attack" and lets say "Frost arrows" as "Another one" but i don't really know what will happen in that case :S

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
The unit never has more than 1 of the auto-cast spells. I need 2 different auto-cast spells for 2 different units.

naughty

Reaction score
The unit never has more than 1 of the auto-cast spells. I need 2 different auto-cast spells for 2 different units.

oh sorry i must have misunderstood you. oh well the "spiderling" is very easy to make just change the searing arrow missile (that should work), and for the lightning attack you can't make it like that because thats a lightning effect not a missile that travels.

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
The spiderling won't work beacause I do not want the spiderling missile I want the effect, which is a "boomerang" effect that makes the missle come back to the caster. And I know how lightning attack works, that it isn't actually a missile, that is why I am asking for help.

naughty

Reaction score
for the boomerang effect there is a spell in the editor named "spider attack". that's what actually makes the effect. but if you add that spell to your unit every attack will have the effect so i don't think any1 can help you there. about the lightning attack, i have an idea. you can make a passive ability like mana shield doing nothing so when the unit will activate that ability you will add a spell book with chain lightning and disable it. so when the unit will activate the mana shield on every attack you will trigger him to cast the chain lightning and setting his mana -8 lets say. i hope i helped you at least for the lightning attack....

Sid

Reaction score
How about Orb Effect Chain lightning (Orb of Slow)
All you have to do is the Right Click detection and manual order detection

Then, you can enable disable the Orb Ability
or
Make the orb ability of 2 levels, level 1 is 0% chance and second 100% chance.
When you detect the Arrow Autocast, just increase or decrease the ability level.

Hide it in spellbook, or make it an item ability, Hiding in disabled spellbook will work as Orb abilities are passives.

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
The orb idea may work but how can you detect auto-casting in the trigger editor, I couldn't find a way to do this using GUI, and the ability has to deal the heros base damage + bonus damage, so just having the unit ordered to cast a chain lightning will only deal chain lightning damage. And I was aware that spider attack is the skill that makes it boomerang, you are just rephrasing my problem naughty, but thanks for trying.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.