Weird Bacon Sales at an All Time High

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
MW-BU146_pfbaco_20140206144353_MG.jpg

It’s a question that veteran “As Seen on TV” marketer Scott Boilen asked when he was given the opportunity to introduce yet another bacon product to an already crowded marketplace. But Boilen couldn’t resist the invention, a simple gizmo that turns a few strips of bacon into an edible shell. And so the Bacon Bowl was launched by Boilen’s Allstar Products Group via a series of infomercials in late 2013.

In a brief period, Boilen’s New York-based company has sold more than two million units of the $10.99 bacon cooker, making the Bowl a success story potentially on par with the Snuggie, to name Boilen’s biggest “As Seen on TV” hit.

The lesson? Never underestimate the power of bacon, says Boilen: “It’s almost become a cult-like food.”

Indeed, for food marketers and foodies alike, bacon is the gift that keeps on giving, a culinary trend that unlike, say, cupcakes never seems to get old. Bacon sales in the U.S. have increased in each of the last four years, according to market researcher Information Resources, Inc. (IRI). In 2013 alone, sales climbed 9.5% to an all-time high of nearly $4 billion. A survey by pork supplier Smithfield even found that 65% of Americans would support the idea of making bacon our “national food.”

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I want a bacon bowl maker suddenly.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's the Jewish population deeming bacon is acceptable if you consume it with delight at the thought of helping rid the world of at least one more filthy swine.

Snowbizzle

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I get tired of buying bacon. I get tired of cooking it. I get tired of the physical act of chewing it, sometimes. But I never get tired of eating it, Firecat.

Never.

Snowbizzle

Reaction score
Yes, but my two thoughts were distinctly separate from each other, so I gave them separate posts. Is that acceptable to you Varine?

edit: I mean, okay, they were both about bacon, but the impact of the first post would have been lessened had it been edited to contain the content of the second post. Do you know what I'm saying?!

You know...you know...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
BAN HIM FROM THE FORUMS! FUCKIN DOUBLE POSTERS ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE!!!!!!111111oneoneone

Varine

Reaction score
I don't think either of them were very profound to begin with.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
You see see.... Double posting is "serious business! "
No Bacon for you ! @Snowbizzle :)

Snowbizzle

Reaction score
I don't think either of them were very profound to begin with.

Did I imply either of them were? Or say that outright? You sir have an overactive imagination and/or unusually high standards for these forums all of a sudden.

...Firecat, I'm going to go eat some bacon right now, just to spite you.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Varyne is just a pussy who wants to feel important so he says stupid shit on the internet. Dont mind him.

BUT YOU ARE STILL AN EFFIN DOUBLE POSTER AND SHOULD BUUUUUURN IN HELL!

Varine

Reaction score
Did you know that I once killed a shark with a coconut?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the coconut had nothing to do with it; it was more like your face that killed the shark.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.