basic designs

feistaghelm

Reaction score
I am very new to the editor and am having a couple issues. I want the game to be a 1 player RPG but everytime I try to save my progress, the editor makes start points and centers for 3 other players. I also designed a town and the villigers don't appear when I test the map or when I play it in custom. Lastly I made a terrain doodad and I want to delete it but cant figure out how to do so. It is a: Cliff/Terrain> Ruined Ground 4x4 that I made early in the design and I no longer want it.

Thanks =)

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Comptuer players need start locations too. The start locations won't do anything if you don't specifically use them in a trigger (such as the standard melee setup trigger).

You should be able to select the Doodad palette then select and delete the doodad. You may need to select it with a box.

feistaghelm

Reaction score
I figured out the start point problem but now it gives the auto win when I start. lmao I just gotta play a little more with the initial triggers. =) I tried to choose the ruined ground in the list of doodads but it doesn't show it. It doesn't even list it in my object manager. It will let me edit the one in the object editor though. =(

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
To remove the auto win in the beginning of the map, you need to go to Trigger Editor and delete this:
Trigger:
  • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

To delete terrain of cliff doodads, such as ruined ground or cliff cave, you need to raise/lower the cliff level right on the doodad, and then reset the height. I had the same problem before.

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The auto-win is from the default trigger that all maps come with. It sets up all the standard melee stuff, including win conditions, starting units, day/night cycle, etc.

feistaghelm

Reaction score
Thank you both!!! Got the doodad gone and the auto win is history. Now to figure out where my villigers go...

feistaghelm

Reaction score
I also figured out the missing villagers problem. I had them too close to cinamatics and they were hidden in the animations.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
The start locations won't do anything if you don't specifically use them in a trigger (such as the standard melee setup trigger).

Actually, they do. They set the camera position at the beginning of the game. Check mate! Ha!

By the way, feist, please don't double-post. There is a minimum of 24hrs between two consecutive posts in the same topic. If you're going to add something to a previous post, please use the edit button.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.