Because i can and it's free! (unprotected DotA v6.42)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
:nuts: I wonder why no has responded on this thread yet besides me.

Fraud much? It's a zip file, not even a WC file.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It's a 8mb file when dota is less than 4. And it's zipped to.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
dota has been unprotected so many times....

Reaction score
Who said it has to go to thehelper? ;)

And if somehow it even did get unprotected, it'd be all over the internet with a lot of... DotA "fans".

It already has been deprotected. Anyway, this thread against the rules and the file probably isn't DotA at all.

RueK

Reaction score
Actually the file it's the map itself +out.mpq/listfiles/models/imgs in other words the map itself and the map into "pieces" .

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why would you put it into pieces, it's smaller in a w3x file. Besides why use an unprotected version? There is an open-source version with documentation.

Close thread please.

RueK

Reaction score
Why would you put it into pieces, it's smaller in a w3x file. Besides why use an unprotected version? There is an open-source version with documentation.

Close thread please.

Because any can have an open source (6.32b) when this is 6.42 unprotected which is much better because open source is not for playing purposes which is not guaranteed that you can save or work properly on it.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
wheres the open source o_O

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
It's a 8mb file when dota is less than 4. And it's zipped to.

That is becouse it is NOT just the unprotected DoTA, also with all the model paths, and all the extracted models it seems.

Here some pictures for all the suspicous ones:

screenhunter02sep010134pj8.gif

screenhunter03sep010135cz2.png

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
lmao a russian got the open source, how predictable :p

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Man.. I feel so ripped off after downloading that "Open Map".. That can't possibly be the real DotA--do they ACTUALLY create *EVERYTHING* with JASS? Does it save room or something? Is there an actual reason to use a trigger instead of just using the in-game spell? Is there a point to using a trigger for Laguna Blade instead of chain lightning? Does it save room?

One more thing: Have I just been swindled?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
yes they do create everything with jass. 1 solution, learn jass. why would icefrog use gui? it doesnt make sense at all.

Reaction score
do they ACTUALLY create *EVERYTHING* with JASS? Does it save room or something?

It is possible that in the current version they create the "pre-placed" units after the load to save load time. Since this "open" version is deprotected, it is likely that the pre-placed units haven't been restored and that the GUI trigger information is lost. Regardless, most if not all of DotA's triggering would be in Jass. It is feasible that they used GUI triggers for some primitive things such as setting maps flags or the time of day or something of that sort.

Is there an actual reason to use a trigger instead of just using the in-game spell?

The in-game spell must be inadequate for the purpose if a trigger is being used.

Is there a point to using a trigger for Laguna Blade instead of chain lightning?

If there wasn't, then they would have used chain lightning (I'm not looking at the map right now, so I can't give a specific reason).

One more thing: Have I just been swindled?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.