Spell Black Arrow

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
I've seen an other leak that you better fix. In your TimerActions you always create a unitgroup but only destroy it once when you arrow reached the target.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
I see no private in front of all constants... You need that, other than that it's awesome, even perfect :thup:

EDIT: And you should put private in front of the three global units, plus, make the struct private, too.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Ye, I noticed it last night, but was too tired :D I'll fix it up when I get home. Once I can get that done, I can get to work on my second spell (was trying to make it in GUI before, but it was too long and boring :p).

Well, seems that my first JASS spell has turned out pretty damn well (no horrific problems noticed yet) apart from the few initial handle leaks :eek:

UPDATE: Made the globals private. New version uploaded to first post.

EDIT: Just noticed that the GUI version has gotten -at least- 3 more downloads since the JASS version was uploaded :( Cmon people, start using the JASS version! It's lagless, (probably) leakless and infinitely easier to customize. It makes sense (and makes me happy :D)

GoGo-Boy

Reaction score
Isn't that a texttag? I think texttags needn't be nulled... but you may ask that in the JASS forum. Leaks are so complicated o_O

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I made a thread before about what types of locals need to be nulled, but I can't find the thread anymore... I'm fairly sure that I was told that only integers, reals, strings and booleans don't need to be nulled. Anyway, even if it doesn't need to be nulled, it won't have any bad effects will it?

EDIT: found a link which displays everything in common.j (got the link from an archived TH.net thread :p)
JASS:
type texttag            extends     handle

So it needs to be nulled, right?

GoGo-Boy

Reaction score
Theoretically yes... but I've read in several threads that it is not required for textags >_<

GoGo-Boy

Reaction score
For TextTags, setting the LifeSpan gets WC3 to clean them up automatically. As soon as you set it the handle index is recycled to be available for others.

quoted from blu_da_noob from campaigns net

thought it's probably not bad it is unnecessary.. which is bad in one way^^

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
You haven't updated the code in your first post (or you did but you didn't put private before every global ^^).

off:
heh, children of bodom... I guess Hatebreeder is their fan, too ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.