Exogenesis

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bladestorm
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit)), dealing 100000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

My guy kills himself....

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
That's because he damages every unit in the area, including himself. You would need to put every unit within range into a unit group, then pick every unit in the group, and if they are an enemy of the caster, then damage the unit.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's because your damaging an area. It hits everyone including yourself

You have to...

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempPoint = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set tmpGroup = (Units within 512.00 of (tempPoint) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tmpGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_tempPoint )
      • Custom Script: call DestroyGroup ( udg_tmpGroup )

Leaky version. But same result.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Exogenesis

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with size (300.00, 300.00)) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1000000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Still kills himeself.....

MP®

Reaction score
Of course, you have to read carefully what Grags says. If you don't understand that, I'm afraid you'd better stop map editing

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Trigger:

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with size (300.00, 300.00)) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1000000.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Still kills himeself.....

You're probably missing the condition that is in that unit group (owned by Neutral Hostile)

You could actually change that condition to an Enemy of casting unit.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Picking every unit in the region will not exclude your cster; thus, he damages and kills himself. I don't have the editor now, but I believe it goes something like this: Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Casting Unit)) matching (Matching Unit belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit)) equal to True)) and do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to deal 500 damage of type Spells and damage type Normal)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Picking every unit in the region will not exclude your cster; thus, he damages and kills himself. I don't have the editor now, but I believe it goes something like this: Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Casting Unit)) matching (Matching Unit belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting Unit)) equal to True)) and do (Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to deal 500 damage of type Spells and damage type Normal)

That's exactly what I did.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
just a heads up those triggers are leaking unit groups and those are one of the biggest leaks : (

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
honesty and flaming are totally different, flaming is an insult and deconstructive, honesty just the truth, but not necissarily constructive or deconstructive, if you want to be honest and not flame word it different, ie: if this is too hard for you start with more basic triggers, or maybe try a different part of map making... not, if you cant get that just stop all together you suck

its ok though, everyone does it once in a while : /

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.