Spell Bladestorm of Frost

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
A modified Bladestorm, that causes cold effects.

Import Difficulty:
Low

Units Affected:
Enemy, Ground

Target Type: None

Spell Info:

Causes a cold bladestorm of destructive force around the Blademaster, rendering him immune to magic and dealing damage per second to nearby enemy land units. Also causes random explosions of frost around the Blademaster that deal 75 damage, and slow nearby enemy units. Destroys trees.

Level 1 - Deals 80 damage per second.
Level 2 - Deals 100 damage per second.
Level 3 - Deals 120 damage per second.
Level 4 - Deals 140 damage per second.

attachmentvs9.jpg

Attachments

• Bladestorm of Frost.w3x
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,156
B

Bboy_vegeta

wow...screenshot looks nice, about 2 go check it out

Edit: this spell is awsome, good job

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
I did not dl it. But I can tell it will be cool just from the pic. :D

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
neat, no leaks, looks decent, well done

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
neat, no leaks, looks decent, well done

But not multi-instanceable.

Why using a periodic event since timers exist? And also why a random real between 0.2 and 0.35?

Your trigger is leak free and you should use Polled Waits which are more accurate.

And instead of set t = (Picked destructible), Kill t, use Kill (Picked destructible).

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>But not multi-instanceable.

I'm fully aware of that; I made the spell 99% in GUI so non-JASS users can understand the trigger easily. I am however a bit dissapointed that I didn't write the trigger in JASS in the end.

>Why using a periodic event since timers exist? And also why a random real between 0.2 and 0.35?

Periodic event becuase I can :p , random real between 0.2 and 0.35 becuase I wanted to use random numbers to make the novas cast at more random times. And yes, I do know that .15 seconds is not alot of time difference at all. I just like doing stuff like that sometimes :rolleyes:

>Your trigger is leak free and you should use Polled Waits which are more accurate.

The person who uses my spell can modify it to make it better, or, to suit their desires. I decided to use the 'GUI wait' because people who don't know JASS can understand what is happening easier. But however, you are still right. Polled Waits are more accurate.

>And instead of set t = (Picked destructible), Kill t, use Kill (Picked destructible).

Would this make the trigger run better, or not?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>If you have two lines that can be done in one, would you prefer two or one? If you prefer two, then you prefer 9999 lines instead of 1, don't you?

I have to admit it, I do like having lots of lines in my triggers :D

So would it matter if I left it like that?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Very nice, indexed.
Only one thing you should fix though:
Time - Every (Random real number between 0.20 and 0.35) seconds of game time
Events are only loaded once, on map initialization.
This means that if the generated number is 0.23 on map init, then this trigger would always run every 0.23 seconds.
To fix this I would use the every 0.05 seconds event and an integer variable. In the trigger increase the variable by 1. If its greater than 4 then put a % chance to run the action and reset the variable. If it equals 7 then run the actions immediately, without the % chance.

C

Chindril

There is a bug with your spell, but I did not find the source (didn't really searched for it).

After using the spell a few times, it sometime bugs and the cold effect / explosion stops in the middle of the spin. (you turn back red). Besides that, it's really nice.

- Chindril

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>There is a bug with your spell, but I did not find the source (didn't really searched for it).

After using the spell a few times, it sometime bugs and the cold effect / explosion stops in the middle of the spin. (you turn back red). Besides that, it's really nice.

- Chindril

Im aware of that 'bug'. But, im not however aware of the cause :eek:

D

Deathshadow

if you made a fire version of that it would be awesome for ultimate in tree tag for the hunters

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Pretty good... But no where close to you're previous stuff T, and also, sometimes when you break trees the explosions/effects stop... awesome nonetheless bud but you normally do much better, +rep anyhoo =) Well done but everyone appreciates honesty =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.