Bloody Campus Rampage

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
BLACKSBURG, Virginia (CNN) -- At least 33 people, including a gunman, were killed Monday during shootings in a dorm and a classroom building at Virginia Tech, university officials said.

Two people were killed at a dormitory about 7:15 a.m., while another 30 people were killed about two hours later at Norris Hall -- the engineering science and mechanics building -- university officials said.

University police Chief Wendell Flinchum said police were still investigating whether the two incidents are related. Investigators are not ruling out a second shooter, Flinchum said. (Watch the police chief explain where bodies were found Video)

The death toll at Norris Hall makes the incident the deadliest school attack in U.S. history, surpassing attacks at Columbine High School in 1999 and at the University of Texas in 1966.

Read more here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pray for all who died in the incident :(

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The Massacred of Virginia Tech. it is the biggest Massacre in US History and many people and families of the victims are wonding how it happen?, Why didn't the police lock down fast enough?, Why did the shooter do it?, and many questions are wanting to be anwser but so far no other information is know yet...

Summary of other news articles

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
I heard the news in my car on the radio on the way to school. I pulled over and just listened. It is a sad day to be human

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I was sick today so I was just watching the news at around 10 o-clock or something I was half asleep

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
...why? I don't get their motives, and I don't get why they feel they can just end other peoples lives because they want to...

:(

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
They can if they suppose they don't have a purpose. He killed himself, so I guess he'll see the truth down there :/

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
>...why? I don't get their motives, and I don't get why they feel they can just end other peoples lives because they want to...
I don' t get why people insult people just because they want so (or bully).

Asehujiko

Reaction score
He blamed video games before they even identified the shooter? Apparently he knows more about this incident then he wants to tell us.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
A few quotes i found approprite:

"We both know it's not true. People only believe what the media tells them and i tell the media what to believe. It's realy that simple."

"Control the media, control the mind."

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
A few quotes i found approprite:

"We both know it's not true. People only believe what the media tells them and i tell the media what to believe. It's realy that simple."

"Control the media, control the mind."

I'm not sure where you got these quotes, but it reminds me of 1984.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Hmm... I'll voice my opinion.
Even though I'm sick of this topic.

It's a tragedy, yes, but I think the news is over-exaggerating the importance of this event; moreover, its overlooking the good things happening right now.

I, personally, am sick of this topic, not only because some intolerant people now think all asians will kill if given the chance, but I've heard this topic discussed:
On the news.
On the radio.
At home.
At school. Three times.
During lunch breaks at school.
After school.
Right now.

Knocksious

Reaction score
Hmm... I'll voice my opinion.
Even though I'm sick of this topic.

It's a tragedy, yes, but I think the news is over-exaggerating the importance of this event; moreover, its overlooking the good things happening right now.

I, personally, am sick of this topic, not only because some intolerant people now think all asians will kill if given the chance, but I've heard this topic discussed:
On the news.
On the radio.
At home.
At school. Three times.
During lunch breaks at school.
After school.
Right now.

Thats weird, it's almost as if this is a major event in US history, and it only recently happened... I wonder why that is.

Although I agree a teensy bit with you, simply because I think that the media (especially the news media) are making a tidy profit off of a tragedy. Seems immoral

Remember how long columbine was in the news?

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Both from the C&C series

First is from TD, Kane explaining about a "GDI" Flametank that burned down a city.

Second is from TS, Cabal during a mission briefing to capture a tv station to mess with the propaganda of a rogue Nod general.

Reaction score
Scary when the violence hits home, I guess. Given America's lax gun laws and the shameless bullying of students by other students, I'm surprised this hasn't happened more. It was a tragedy, but is it really worth all this fuss? I don't think so. People die every day, lots and lots of people. People also suffer every day, which to some extent I believe to be a little bit worse. I don't believe the hype is justified.

Knocksious

Reaction score
Given America's lax gun laws and the shameless bullying of students by other students, I'm surprised this hasn't happened more.

we can turn this into a debate if you want... Maybe gun laws have something to do with it, but there are solutions on either side of the spectrum. Either ban guns (against the constitution), or train campus security in the use of them, and issue them. Maybe if one of the kids had a concealed weap. with a license, this could have been ended that much sooner. A tragedy still, but not one of this magnitude

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
I would say that you are saying that because it had nothing to do with you personally. Your saying that death is a more common thing in other countries, and your right. However, if, say in Iraq, someones brother is shot, they will shed tears over it. To say that Americans should say this is no big deal because it doesnt happen much is wrong. Also its not like millions of people are crying when they hear about the shooting, they just feel sad about what happened.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.