US News BREAKING NEWS: California Lawmakers To Debate Marijuana Legalization Tomorrow!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
California state lawmakers are scheduled to hear testimony tomorrow in support of taxing and regulating the commercial production and distribution of marijuana for adults age 21 and older.

Members of the California Assembly Committee on Public Safety have called for the hearing, entitled “Examining the Fiscal and Legal Implication of the Legalization and Regulation of Marijuana.” The hearing will be chaired by Assemblyman Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco), sponsor of Assembly Bill 390, the Marijuana Control, Regulation, and Education Act. It will take place at 10am in room 126 of the State Capitol.

A press conference will take place prior to the hearing at 9 am in Capitol Room 317.

California NORML Coordinator Dale Gieringer is scheduled to testify before the Committee at noon. [Editor's note: Read Dale's written testimony here.] NORML has also submitted prepared testimony to the Committee, which is available online here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
It's California..... it's gonna become legal there eventually *cough* hippies *cough*

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
And this isn't breaking news they've talked about it for a while.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope that it does get legalized :)

ReVolver

Reaction score
I wonder what the policy of "home growing" will be...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I never even see any hippies down here anymore.
That's because the traditional hippy is near extinct. Modern hippies work for a living, own all sorts of gadgets and generally do the compete opposite of the traditional hippy, including working for corporate entities. They still protest, the main object of their protests being global warming and the environment, and I daresay they probably still smoke weed.

sqrage

Reaction score
This doesn't affect either of us.

I don't know what you're talking about but this definitely affects me...

And it is breaking news try reading the article. It's never gotten this far.

>>I wonder what the policy of "home growing" will be...

Typically they let you grow up to a certain size of a square unit. I think it was like 1 square foot or something like that. I don't remember

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
This is stupid!

The world is coming to an end wow. Cal will be full of retarded pot heads and fuck ups.

Okay kids smoking weed is not bad anymore. fucking retards

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At least pot is safer than regular cigarettes...

sqrage

Reaction score
This is stupid!

The world is coming to an end wow. Cal will be full of retarded pot heads and fuck ups.

Okay kids smoking weed is not bad anymore. fucking retards

Yea cuz everyone drinks from the age of 12 just because it's legal. Everyone already smokes in Cali, you don't know what you're talking about.

And no the world isn't coming to an end. Weed's been perfectly legal and has been used in a number of cultures for over 6000 years and was only illegal since 1937 (in the US). Obviously society didn't halt and stop progressing for those thousands of years. Let people enjoy themselves. If you want to live in a box and let the government set every boundry for your life then go ahead and do that, but don't force other people to do the same. This is America, if people want something to be a certain way then it should happen and in California 54% voted to have it legalized and therefore it should be enacted.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Yea cuz everyone drinks from the age of 12 just because it's legal. Everyone already smokes in Cali, you don't know what you're talking about.

And no the world isn't coming to an end. Weed's been perfectly legal and has been used in a number of cultures for over 6000 years and was only illegal since 1937 (in the US). Obviously society didn't halt and stop progressing for those thousands of years. Let people enjoy themselves. If you want to live in a box and let the government set every boundry for your life then go ahead and do that, but don't force other people to do the same. This is America, if people want something to be a certain way then it should happen and in California 54% voted to have it legalized and therefore it should be enacted.

Is it really necessary to rage at every one who disagrees with smoking? You like it, alot of people here seem to like it, some people don't, deal with it.

sqrage

Reaction score
Is it really necessary to rage at every one who disagrees with smoking? You like it, alot of people here seem to like it, some people don't, deal with it.

I'm not raging I'm pointing out why I think it should be legal. My name just might subliminally give an angry tone to my statements.

We're not talking about loving it, there would be nothing to discuss then. We're talking about legalizing it.

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
>If you want to live in a box and let the government set every boundry for your life then go ahead and do that

What the hell are you talking about. People don't need Marijuana.

I am aware that its used for medical purposes for some people and I'm not sure if i even like that idea but I shouldn't talk becaouse I'm not a doctor. I don't smoke nor do i drink simply becaouse i don't need that crap in my body and I'm not stupid.

What the hell do you think making Marijuana legal will accomplish? This will only give druggie's now the right to posses it. If it becomes legal You can sure as hell fucking bet that you will see plenty of drug addicts all over the place.

You clearly don't have a problem with that. But whatever everyone has their own views on this. Go smoke your Marijuana or whatever you guys want see how far that takes you in life.

sqrage

Reaction score
>>What the hell are you talking about. People don't need Marijuana.

I never said you did. There are a lot things we don't need, you'd be alright with the government taking away all of those too?

>>What the hell do you think making Marijuana legal will accomplish? This will only give druggie's now the right to posses it. If it becomes legal You can sure as hell fucking bet that you will see plenty of drug addicts all over the place.

I already do. Most of them do a lot more than just weed. And if you make weed legal that will cut the ties with dealers who are selling and offering much harder drugs than just marijuana.

>>I don't smoke nor do i drink simply becaouse i don't need that crap in my body and I'm not stupid.

It's done for fun and your life by some may be called boring. In a world where you can die any day I prefer to have fun, while of course maintaining a progressive lifestyle (working, going to college, etc.) but I definitely don't want to work and work and look back on my life in regret.

>>What the hell do you think making Marijuana legal will accomplish? This will only give druggie's now the right to posses it.

If you consider people who smoke weed "druggies" then I really have no comment on this. You need to open your eyes, you'd be surprised how many people out there that are highly accomplished by today's standards smoke weed as much as on a daily basis.

Not to mention, if you don't smoke then this wont even effect you, so why are you so against it?

R 3 T R O

Reaction score
>>>Not to mention, if you don't smoke then this wont even effect you, so why are you so against it?

I don't know why. I was just asking myself the same question while typing my previous message, i guess becaouse i don't think this will really benefit us much.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Marijuana is non-habit forming. Thousands are put away every year (to the governments expense!) due to marijuana-based charges. The amount of money the government would save from a) not jailing people based on marijuana, and b) not spending money to enforce marijuana laws is reason enough.

Also, this gives police more time to deal with real harmful drugs. Open your eyes and stop believing everything you hear. Don't take what I say for granted, go research it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.