"Brides are Evil" BUT Levers are the Devil

I

ImmortalMatt

Thanks to my previous post, and mostly Steak's help from Clan MM, I have figured out bridges. I need help with triggers that turn off and on doors using the lever models and a menu that asks if you want to open or close the door. Im also going to use the levers to change the bridges so that traffic can flow normally.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The code I gave you was for killing a lever, which is a one-time deal of course.

You can always revive the lever - so it can die again.

Other ways to do it
-Use 'is selected' to trigger it every time someone selects the lever. Add conditions to control which player can do it.
-Make the lever a unit, owned by player. Give it an on/off dummy ability, that triggers it.

How exactly should it work?

-Steak

I

ImmortalMatt

Menus

The idea that I had was the doors from Marvel TD 1.3. When you select the lever, it opens up a menu that asks you if you want to open/close the door.

Axe.killer

Reaction score
im just saying tho, couldnt u just say "a unit enters region, play destructible animation" im just saying to improvise. Also u can add a nice little sound :D

I

ImmortalMatt

Thanks

I figured it out using levers. I may go back and re-do it with dialog boxes but they are a little bit complicated for me right now, I not the best with variables. The only problem that I have right now is the bridge pathing for a dead force bridge. Its either un-walkable or it creates invisible platforms up the walls where it was. It shouldn't matter though because in the TD units walk in straight lines and there are gates.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.