Health Brits claim cure for Common Cold

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
In a dramatic breakthrough that could affect millions of lives, scientists have been able to show for the first time that the body's immune defences can destroy the common cold virus after it has actually invaded the inner sanctum of a human cell, a feat that was believed until now to be impossible.

The discovery opens the door to the development of a new class of antiviral drugs that work by enhancing this natural virus-killing machinery of the cell. Scientists believe the first clinical trials of new drugs based on the findings could begin within two to five years.

The researchers said that many other viruses responsible for a range of diseases could also be targeted by the new approach. They include the norovirus, which causes winter vomiting, and rotavirus, which results in severe diarrhoea and kills thousands of children in developing countries.

Read the news here.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Nooooooo! Think of the kids and their missed days of school! Think of the children!

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Nooooooo! Think of the kids and their missed days of school! Think of the children!

This.

of course i could claim to be a enviro-nature-antidrugs-ist and refuse to take them and only agree to take my all natural snake oil to fight said cold. yes... yes... that would [not] work >:3
NO SCHOOL FOR ME!

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
My mom was all like "Wanna get ur flu shot?!?" I'm like "Naw. If I get sick, I get sick. Nothin' to it, momma!"

Yep.... Went down just like that.

I don't need no cure.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
the flu shot actually has more cons than pros. id stay away from it.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Enter Vellu!

XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.