Broodwar crashes when starting game

S

stepbystep

Ok here's the deal: whenever I try to play, after the countdown where it says 5 4 3 2 1 and then the game starts, the screen turns black and just stays black and I have to do alt+ctrl+del to get out of the program.

I did the command line "starcraft nosound" and it fixes the problem, but I don't have sound.

So I probably need to update my sound driver. I ran dxdiag and I have Soundmax Digital Audio. After that, I don't know how to go about searching for the right driver to download because there are tons of Soundmax drivers when I google them.

S

stepbystep

oh yea, i tried reinstalling but that didn't fix the problem

I

Invictus

I always have the same problems too, especially when i say something before the 5 seconds. So at that time, i stop talking, and that seems to solve it, but well, it stilll happens, then it just quits to the desktop

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep i'd suggest to download belarc. List all of the specs about your computer, more importantly the motherboard and sound card information.

If the sound card is integrated into your motherboard, you will need to visit the motherboard manufacturer's site to download drivers off of them. They usually have a specific page listed for driver iinformation. If the sound card is a PCI device, the drivers will be most likely listed under the Sound Card manufacturer's website.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.