Cinematic Brotherhood Of Kenji

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i liked it, the environment/terrain was awesome. i liked it a lot, however, as already said, the camera moves around too much. there was also that one part where he was "blocking" the other guys attacks, and it went on for too long. it was just like "ting, ting, ting, ting, ting". i realize it was only like 10 secs but it seemed like a long time and seemed pointless, cuz no1 would just keep striking like that if they realized they were being blocked.
either way still rly impressive. i liked it.

Septimus

Reaction score
i liked it, the environment/terrain was awesome. i liked it a lot, however, as already said, the camera moves around too much. there was also that one part where he was "blocking" the other guys attacks, and it went on for too long. it was just like "ting, ting, ting, ting, ting". i realize it was only like 10 secs but it seemed like a long time and seemed pointless, cuz no1 would just keep striking like that if they realized they were being blocked.
either way still rly impressive. i liked it.

Actually the scene was a fast motion scene where the samurai slash at rapid speed. Unfortunately, I cannot find the sound effect of a sound slashing real rapid. Thus making it look like it was done at normal speed.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Looks good but the slow parts, the guy hits the other dude and then the other dude dodges by teleporting. I think he should teleportbefore he gets hit. Also, who's the bad guy and who's the good guy?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
it was allright.

But please, dont use black stan models. Yes, I know they're nice, but EVERYBODY uses them <.<

Erm, you also shouldn't use mass special effects. That just looks like crap.

Many models doing the same animation simultaniusly also looks like crap (the 8 ninjas jumping on the samurai...)

You may think now I find it horrible, but that's not true. I only point out bad things :p

Some stuff you could do:
-terrain. Use terrain for combat. It's kinda cool if a character speeds along a vertical wall or something. The ground collapses and they fight in a cave. Or maybe they could even fight during free fall :p
-projectils. Projectils can look so awesome. The opponent then deflects them with his swords and they bounce off. Or maybe he grabs on of them out of the air and shoots them back.
-awesome camera movement. There are a few things that could be quite awesome: The character shoots his bow and the camera 'is' the flying arrow.
Or one character got hit and is lying on the floor. The other stands above him. Now you see with the eyes of the guy on the floor who just gets a smack in his face and dies.

Septimus

Reaction score
Looks good but the slow parts, the guy hits the other dude and then the other dude dodges by teleporting. I think he should teleportbefore he gets hit. Also, who's the bad guy and who's the good guy?

It was suddenly from slow motion to fast motion. He blink at the nick of time before the sword tear him apart.

They are both brothers, but the samurai was a good guy. :D

But please, dont use black stan models. Yes, I know they're nice, but EVERYBODY uses them <.<

Blackstan model of samurai and ninja was the only model of samurai/ninja with the highest quality and have the appropriate animation to execute the slow/fast motion.

Unless you could provide a model with better quality and better animation. I do not think there is a good solution for it.

Erm, you also shouldn't use mass special effects. That just looks like crap.

Yeah, the sfx abuse get complain from several hardcore critique and expert cinematic maker like infrane. I would tone down the effect or change the effect formation to make it look different and much neat.

Many models doing the same animation simultaniusly also looks like crap (the 8 ninjas jumping on the samurai...)

Then tell me what is the more fancy way to make the audience goes whoa upon seeing the ninja charging towards the samurai with illusion? Don't tell me to make the ninja run towards the samurai, as it would give plenty of time for the samurai to retaliate and make audience doesn't feel suspence looking at it. After all, you also have seen the samurai unleash a tornado. :D

By jumping at rather high altitude, it could avoid the tornado which could possibly unleash by samurai. This forces the samurai (Murasame) to unleash a blast from the ground instead to repel off the ninja (Masamune).

You may think now I find it horrible, but that's not true. I only point out bad things :p

Same like me who point out what's wrong with it. Keep up the good work.

-terrain. Use terrain for combat. It's kinda cool if a character speeds along a vertical wall or something. The ground collapses and they fight in a cave. Or maybe they could even fight during free fall :p

This kind of battle scene had been use at other battle cinematic. I do not want to make another cheap copy of it. But the different was, it was a battle at the sky.

-projectils. Projectils can look so awesome. The opponent then deflects them with his swords and they bounce off. Or maybe he grabs on of them out of the air and shoots them back.

This had been done. Just take a look at Unforgotten Grudge battle cinematic. :thdown:

-awesome camera movement. There are a few things that could be quite awesome: The character shoots his bow and the camera 'is' the flying arrow.

Unfortunately, black stan model of samurai doesn't use bow and the cinematic sequence was combination of slow/fast element. Using bow was likely a bad idea.

Infact, I want to make it completely different. I would probably make a 2nd sequence of this battle cinematic where they would fight inside the dojo. The ninja unleash a tatami towards the samurai only to had the tatami cut apart by it.

Of course, I need assistance if I want to make a 2nd sequence of it.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
well, you didn't have to use ninja and samurai models... Or well, at least if you have such a... short plot.

Well, about those 8 ninjas... I found the whole idea retarded that eight illusion ninjas jump on the samurai and then there's an explosion and the illusions are away and the two of them are fighting.

And simply because something has been done before it doesn't suck :)
There have been tons of movies with roundhouse kicks, and shurikans that are thrown.

well, here's how I'd set up a wc3 video:
(wich I'll never do because I'm a lazy ass)

-no plot. Not necessary :p
-no realism. Not necessary :p
The setup would be like this:
There is one hero. He would be a model with a lot of animations. Probably blademaster. Blademaster can attack block jump and sit.
Then there are his enemies. Those come one after another or maybe in groups of 2 or 3. After the hero kills one the next one/group attacks him.
Why? Because like this you can use a lot of models and animations. You can use bow, magic, jump, stealth and all in one video.

Septimus

Reaction score
well, you didn't have to use ninja and samurai models... Or well, at least if you have such a... short plot.

It was the only japanese model that have a somersault animation and the right slash motion. What can you expect? :D

Well, about those 8 ninjas... I found the whole idea retarded that eight illusion ninjas jump on the samurai and then there's an explosion and the illusions are away and the two of them are fighting.

The explosion destroy all those illusion right away.

And simply because something has been done before it doesn't suck :)
There have been tons of movies with roundhouse kicks, and shurikans that are thrown.

I try to make it as unique as possible to get it accepted into wc3c cinematic database. That website care only about unique and perfection map. Thus, my map cannot just be seen as another cheap brand of any other map.

well, here's how I'd set up a wc3 video:
(wich I'll never do because I'm a lazy ass)

-no plot. Not necessary :p
-no realism. Not necessary :p
The setup would be like this:
There is one hero. He would be a model with a lot of animations. Probably blademaster. Blademaster can attack block jump and sit.
Then there are his enemies. Those come one after another or maybe in groups of 2 or 3. After the hero kills one the next one/group attacks him.
Why? Because like this you can use a lot of models and animations. You can use bow, magic, jump, stealth and all in one video.

Unforgotten Grudge cinematic use blademaster model. If you view that cinematic, you would probably said "Forget about my idea" :D

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
not really.
I saw unforgotten grudge and I wouldn't care.

Imo it's just a fact that blademaster is best model because it has so many good animations.

There are also some other models like demon hunter, warden. Those have some jump animations too, but ofc they've alrdy been used in some video.

I think cryptlord has some jump-like animation. And I think that was never used.
Or shadow hunter maybe.

But simply becdause something has been done before you can't do it again... in maps, movies and games stuff has been done over and over again, and nobody cares as long there are a few outstanding things.

Septimus

Reaction score
not really.
I saw unforgotten grudge and I wouldn't care.

Imo it's just a fact that blademaster is best model because it has so many good animations.

There are also some other models like demon hunter, warden. Those have some jump animations too, but ofc they've alrdy been used in some video.

I think cryptlord has some jump-like animation. And I think that was never used.
Or shadow hunter maybe.

But simply becdause something has been done before you can't do it again... in maps, movies and games stuff has been done over and over again, and nobody cares as long there are a few outstanding things.

Unfortunately, wc3c staff have rather tough jaws. If your map look identical, they might not accept it despite how good it was. They don't give a damn about it. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.