US News Brown wins Mass. Senate race in epic upset

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
BOSTON - In an epic upset in liberal Massachusetts, Republican Scott Brown rode a wave of voter anger to win the U.S. Senate seat held by the late Edward M. Kennedy for nearly half a century, leaving President Barack Obama's health care overhaul in doubt and marring the end of his first year in office.

The loss by the once-favored Democrat Martha Coakley in the Democratic stronghold was a stunning embarrassment for the White House after Obama rushed to Boston on Sunday to try to save the foundering candidate. Her defeat signaled big political problems for the president's party this fall when House, Senate and gubernatorial candidates are on the ballot nationwide.

Article

--

For the people that actually care about the happenings of USA, this is important.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Yeah, it means I can still get the healthcare I want. Thank god he won.

Couldn't agree more. I always thought of healthcare as an unnecessary commodity, and thus the gov't shouldn't be forcing it down our throats.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
The healthcare system in this country is financially unsustainable.

It amazes me how many Americans have no clue what this means.

It cost more money to run it, then it takes in. Understand??

probably not. Most of the people who vote, are the same dumbasses who take out 300,000$
mortages on a 50,000$ career and wonder why they are in foreclosure.

Hence Obama wants to reform it.

Obama tried to tell us that, but noone believed him because he is black.

Now this country is truely screwed. Even more then it already was.

Thank god I make 100k plus a year. And have 60 in cash. I am going to laugh my ass off when another 30 million Americans lose coverage.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah and it's about to become even more unstable with the reform that still won't cover everyone like it's supposed to. No one believes him because he's wrong and surrounds himself with people who want to 'give them the wealth' and who blame everything on Bush even a year later, he increased the debt over a trillion dollars in that year (while we all bitch that Iraq costs 600 billion in seven or so), he taxes banks who already paid back their money while leaving the auto industry out it, and doesn't do anything remotely intelligently other than keeping teleprompters at hand and killing flies ninja style. And I seriously doubt you make 100k a year or else you would be smart enough to not want to pay 40% of that to taxes. Unless you're in a union because obviously they deserve much better things than anyone else does.

Pretty happy about this, hopefully no one else will jump over and vote for it.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Yeah, it means I can still get the healthcare I want. Thank god he won.

I was under the impression that it was never about nationalising healthcare companies but giving a public option. I don't know how water-down it has got since, though.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Its about having a public option that will cause hospitals to be overrun by meaningless issues. Having to pay for healthcare makes people less likely to go to a hospital because their finger is sore from typing.

The healthcare system in this country is financially unsustainable.

And making universal healthcare which costs trillions a year will help this I'm sure.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Being from MA i voted for Brown and am glad that he won. MA already has forced healthcare, so not only would I have to pay double but states like nebraska would be getting huge sums of money in these backdoor deals which is BS.

Furthermore everyone thinks that Obama is doing a good job hes not. Hes spent more money than Bush and what does he have to show for it? Oh I know he wanted to spend MORE money on healthcare even though theres is a huge disaster just south of us along with an economic crisis..... real smart dude.

Im just glad that MA didnt vote Democrat just to vote democrat, thank god the days of Ted Kennedy are long behind us.

Varine

Reaction score
Being from MA i voted for Brown and am glad that he won. MA already has forced healthcare, so not only would I have to pay double but states like nebraska would be getting huge sums of money in these backdoor deals which is BS.

Furthermore everyone thinks that Obama is doing a good job hes not. Hes spent more money than Bush and what does he have to show for it? Oh I know he wanted to spend MORE money on healthcare even though theres is a huge disaster just south of us along with an economic crisis..... real smart dude.

Im just glad that MA didnt vote Democrat just to vote democrat, thank god the days of Ted Kennedy are long behind us.

But he's opened doors with Cuba! How long has a democrat held that seat?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
if you are talking about Massachusetts. they have been democratic for about 30 years

Varine

Reaction score
Mmm... yes, obviously being liberal is the new thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.