Burning Grenade Item

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
I'm working on my dungeon siege map again, and I had a great idea for an item, but i'm having trouble deciding how to implement it.

I already have a 'Grenade' item that explodes and deals AOE damage instantly at a location. But what I want now is an item that leaves a burning patch of fire for a period of time. It's for an "Alchemist's Fire" item. I just can't figure out how to design it.

I'm pretty sure stapling Burning Oil to the existing grenade item would just crash the game, but I haven't tried it. I might give that a shot if I can't find anything else.

Anybody have any ideas how to make this?

+REP to anybody who can help me with this one.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
But it doesn't give a grenade effect?

Although.. maybe if I combined it with the grenade ability i'm already using, but set it's damage to almost nothing, and add flame strike on?

Hmm. I'll give it a shot.

CYBER_Aeon

Reaction score
Well, I can't give it the grenade ability AND flamestrike. Only one will activate. I'll try triggering it, I suppose.

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
Event: Unit uses item
Condition: Item being manipuilted equal to (grenade)
Action: Create one (Dummy Unit) at position of targe point of manipulated item.
Give last created unit an expiration timer of [X] seconds
Order last created unit to use Flame strike at position of target point of item being manipulated.

Freehand, and I don't have WE open so some of the fields mightn't exist. But that's basically what you want i think.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
Ahh, HalosNTariff was a bit off, try this:

Event: A unit begins the effect of an ability
Condition: Ability being cast equal to grenade (item ability)
Action: Create one (Dummy Unit) at position of target point of ability being cast.
Give last created unit an expiration timer of [X] seconds
Add Flame Strike to Last created unit
Order last created unit to use Human Blood Mage - Flame strike at position of target point of ability being cast.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.